Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation issues
RE: Dreamstation issues
By golly that may have worked. I copied the full contents of the SD card to a unique folder on my computer. I then formatted the SD card FAT32. I then changed the settings on my machine without the SD card in the machine. When I inserted the card the machine displayed a message about DATA for a few seconds then displayed a message about the card being full and to reinsert the card. I removed and reinserted the card and got the same DATA message BUT I clicked the button on the machine to close the message BEFORE it had a chance to finish what it was doing. I then started a therapy session and my changes were there. I stopped the therapy session and checked the settings. Unlike before my changes were still in effect instead of reverting to the old settings. I'll know tonight when I go to bed if the new settings are still in place but so far so good. I'll post an update in the morning. Thank you to everyone who helped and if the fix holds we all learned something that can maybe help someone else.
Post Reply Post Reply
If this works out for you, I would compare the SD card's files against the backup copy. Hopefully you will find the file that appears only on the backup copy.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
All went well and the changes seem to be permanent. I compared the old SD card data to the new data after formatting and running with the changes. I marked the differences with arrows. It means nothing to me but may provide a clue to someone more knowledgeable than me.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I wasn't referring to the file contents, but to the filenames. I wanted to see if there is an oddball one in your backed up data. Still, the contents may be of interest.

Thanks!
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I pulled the SD card and looked at it. You are correct. The "encore.txt" folder is missing now. I suspect that may be the culprit. Thanks you so much for your assistance!
Post Reply Post Reply
Now you know what to look for if the DME wants to get creative during a visit to them. Big Grin
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Indeed. Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
A quick follow-up. It's now November and all is well. The Encore file was indeed the culprit. I just received my recall provided Dreamstation 2 and will be using it. As far as I can tell the settings on my Dreamstation 1 were loaded on to the new machine so I'm hoping for a seamless transition. The new machine doesn't have an SD card as far as I can tell so I hope they don't try to pull a fast one. Big Grin I did look at the instructions on how to change the settings on a DS2 and bookmarked the page for reference. Once again THANK YOU for the help!
Post Reply Post Reply
T. Thomas........

On the DS2 remove the water chamber. There is (should be) an SD card slot on the panel to the upper right (may need good light to see it). You could re-format (FAT32) the SD card you have or get a new (32gb or less is good). I have a cheap 1gb SC card in my DS2 and it works well.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll go look for it. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Supplier and Insurance issues DudleyDoRight 0 74 04-18-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: DudleyDoRight
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 225 04-15-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 14 582 04-12-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Luka07
  [Treatment] AHI under control but flow limitation issues guzzle 2 248 04-03-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: guzzle
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 153 03-27-2024, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 149 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 148 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.