Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation - max hose length
Hi all,
Just want to put the dreamstation further away from the bed, is having a 12 ft hose to long? I currently have a 6 ft but can double it with a connector. Will that effect the fixed pressure or make machine work harder ?
Is it better to have 22mm or 15mm hose for that length? I talked to a engineer and he suggested a 15mm is better as the 22mm will require more volume of air to push. Any feedback would be helpful.
Cheers
Steve.
Post Reply Post Reply
Strange statement for an engineer.
Post Reply Post Reply
Let me try a simple minded answer.

Longer or larger hose equal more volume.

As long as the leak rate or amount of air you are using remains constant it will make no change.

Breathing in and out is not constant air flow.

The longer or larger hose with more volume will act as a shock absorbent to soften the pules that the cpap equipment senses.

How sensitive is the cpap to this softer pulse of pressure ? I have no idea.

I use an extra long hose and have for several adjustments of pressure. When I went to the long hose I did not see any change in my data.

All of my improvements have been with raising the pressure and adding oxygen to the mix.

By improvements I am saying the cpap data reporting and the way I feel. I use the data from the cpap to help me understand what I feel. If I feel better or worse I look for changes in the data to help me guess at the cause and effect.

I am not a doctor only a person practicing living better. With the help of this very educational forum life has been more pleasant.
OkaySleep-well
Just my personal opinion. My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact. Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel. Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current firmware for the Philips dreamstation johnathonm 20 4,286 5 minutes ago
Last Post: Wrz77
Question Old hose-heads: How Often? PollCat 30 3,573 02-10-2017, 02:24 PM
Last Post: harmon k
Ohmy Stop Simplus hose swivel from squeaking? Russatrice 7 250 02-06-2017, 02:14 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
Question Hose Cover sunrise06 8 237 02-02-2017, 11:13 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Does dreamstation need a provider for dreamapper data to sync? Axxel6307 5 329 02-02-2017, 08:19 PM
Last Post: Jimsp1
  Apex XT Fit: slim or regular hose? tedgreen 2 147 02-01-2017, 12:31 AM
Last Post: tedgreen
  New: DreamStation Go portable PAP chill 8 360 01-31-2017, 10:59 PM
Last Post: Fedman