Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation - max hose length
Dreamstation - max hose length
Hi all,
Just want to put the dreamstation further away from the bed, is having a 12 ft hose to long? I currently have a 6 ft but can double it with a connector. Will that effect the fixed pressure or make machine work harder ?
Is it better to have 22mm or 15mm hose for that length? I talked to a engineer and he suggested a 15mm is better as the 22mm will require more volume of air to push. Any feedback would be helpful.
Cheers
Steve.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation - max hose length
Strange statement for an engineer.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation - max hose length
Let me try a simple minded answer.

Longer or larger hose equal more volume.

As long as the leak rate or amount of air you are using remains constant it will make no change.

Breathing in and out is not constant air flow.

The longer or larger hose with more volume will act as a shock absorbent to soften the pules that the cpap equipment senses.

How sensitive is the cpap to this softer pulse of pressure ? I have no idea.

I use an extra long hose and have for several adjustments of pressure. When I went to the long hose I did not see any change in my data.

All of my improvements have been with raising the pressure and adding oxygen to the mix.

By improvements I am saying the cpap data reporting and the way I feel. I use the data from the cpap to help me understand what I feel. If I feel better or worse I look for changes in the data to help me guess at the cause and effect.

I am not a doctor only a person practicing living better. With the help of this very educational forum life has been more pleasant.
OkaySleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night GalaxyPast 3 151 04-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: GalaxyPast
  Regular vs Slimline Hose for Airsense 10 Auto IIII 27 7,661 04-12-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question Hose volume Willw 4 288 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 263 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 636 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,375 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 570 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.