Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation min/max pressure both at 7
Dreamstation min/max pressure both at 7
My wife has a Philips Respironics DreamStation Auto CPAP and she finally let me enter the data into OSCAR and I found that her min/max pressure was both set at 7.  Her AHI's have been improving over the past few months and such but when I saw it was set at 7 I was wondering why.  I asked her if she wanted me to set the max a bit higher to see if it would help with the events and she said "No, you can't do that because your not a doctor, they have to do that"!  I guess she assumes the people that sent it to her are...  Also on her charts I noticed that I didn't have the options to view the Flow Rates, Mask Pressure, and a few others.  

Appreciate your help.

Stan

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation min/max pressure both at 7
Hi Stan,

Your wife could probably use higher min and max pressure to clear up the hypopnea's she is experiencing.  Looking at her history, there have been slight changes to her pressure but they have always been fixed.  I assume you didn't do this.  The last change was 259 days ago.

Her Dreamstation will not show mask pressure.  That's a Resmed feature.  To turn on flow rate, go the bottom right side on Oscar's daily page and ensure that flow pressure is turned on as well as any other events you want to see.

I hope your wife will let you make slight changes to her pressure as I'm sure it would help.  Any idea on why the pressure was set to fixed?  My own experience using Dreamstation was that by making an increase of min pressure from 7 to 8.5, it reduced my AHI from around 2 to an average of 0.3 for the past year.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Philips Respironics DreamStation not reaching Max Pressure Xsoldier2000 15 2,294 01-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Tom Buck
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,641 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 923 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Dreamstation 2 Constant Pressure Setup gonzalo 1 493 07-03-2023, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 646 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,556 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,710 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.