Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation or RESMED AirSense 10 AutoSet
Dreamstation or RESMED AirSense 10 AutoSet
Discarding the recent Phillips recall situation, I would like experts opinion on whether to move ahead with a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset purchase instead of Dreamstation (1 or 2).

From some of the graphs posted on the forums it appears that the RESMED algorithm responds quicker (almost instantly) to detected events resulting in much better therapy.

Am I correct?

Is it worth it?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation or RESMED AirSense 10 AutoSet
I own the Philips Dreamstation Auto and Dreamstation Go and was using both successfully. When I heard about the recall last Monday, I ordered the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset and heated hose from vendor #1 on the supplier's list. I received the device on Wednesday and have been using it since, with the same settings as I was using for my Dreamstation. I'm no expert, but for me, the Resmed is the better of the two machines. While I was getting good results with Dreamstation (AHI of .5 - 2.0), I'm getting even better results with the Resmed. Last night for the first time since I've been using a cpap, I actually had a 0 AHI. There are other small differences that I prefer as well. The autostart functions 100% of the time, the display dimmer actually works and the unit is noticeably quieter. My wife even commented on the latter. I also like that the Resmed blows air through the hose for about 20 minutes after the machine has been turned off to dry any condensation.
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset all the way. Even before the recall, that would have been my recommendation, and nothing has changed that. Definitely would seem to be. I've seen a number of people struggling to get their AHI down properly with a Philips machine but who have had far more luck with the Airsense 10 Autoset, so yeah. I'd vote Resmed every time.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wholeheartedly recommend ResMed autoset or autoset for her. Ther are many ResMed pap machines be sure you get the right model. Supplier has used units. I purchased 2 (1 for me 1 for my son). Mine had less than a month and his had less than a week.

They also sell new and open box at a low price.

Great company and great machine.

Supplier #2 on the suppliers list at the top of the site.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2021, 07:46 AM)nickanti Wrote: Discarding the recent Phillips recall situation, I would like experts opinion on whether to move ahead with a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset purchase instead of Dreamstation (1 or 2).

From some of the graphs posted on the forums it appears that the RESMED algorithm responds quicker (almost instantly) to detected events resulting in much better therapy.

Am I correct?

Is it worth it?
Since I started CPAP I used a Respironics System One.  Almost always had a AHI over 5 because of an excessive amount of hypopnea events.  About a week and a half ago I got a new machine.  I asked my doctor to prescribe a Resmed Aircurve ASV (I have complex apnea so I need an ASV).  My DME gave me a Dreamstation because someone there said that the Resmed could not be set for the min/max pressures that the doctor ordered.  I spoke with someone at my DME who agreed that was a mistake and that the Resmed could be set for the pressure range ordered. So the DME authorized a swap of the Dreamstation for a Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV.

I used the Resmed for the first time last night.  AHI was much lower, 1.58 instead of the usual over 5.0 that I've always had with Respironics.  The lower AHI is because the Resmed seems to better recognize when there is a flow limitation that is about to cause a hypopnea and treats it.  Respironics usually flagged 20-50 hypopneas.  Resmed flagged 8 hypopneas. I also think that the Resmed responds better to my own breathing pattern and the therapy seemed to be more comfortable.

This is a long answer to your question but Resmed all the way.  I speak from very recent experience.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have recently used an Air Sense 10, then a Dreamstation Auto BIPAP and now an Air Curve 10 CAuto.  I like the Resmed devices better but I found they provided equally good treatment.   The RT helping me get things setup says she prefers the Dreamstation devices because it provides her better data on breathing and the treatment in general. In Oscar I did see more data for the DS than I did the Resmed device but I am not sure why it is more helpful.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Equipment] What Is Autoset (ResMed) 10 and Can It Be Disabled? Rickyricardo 2 35 1 hour ago
Last Post: Rickyricardo
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 52 1,387 Yesterday, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 130 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 26,956 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 132 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] ResMed Autoset 11 Settings Optimization anker9000 0 131 04-02-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: anker9000
  Switching from Dreamstation to Airsense 11 rorielly 8 1,087 04-01-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Swaggy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.