Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation possible setting issue
Dreamstation possible setting issue
Hello! I have a Phillips Dreamstation that I've used nightly for a couple of weeks now and occasionally I'll wake up in the middle of the night with my heart pounding. I'm assuming that I'm having an apnea episode. I had a Phillips Remstar Auto A-flex for about 7 years and never had that issue and would consistently have an ahi of less than one. The only difference between the two machines that I can find is that the Remstar would increase pressure slightly after a second or two if you stopped breathing and would go back to normal when you starting breathing again. This was easily tested by holding your breath. Anyone know what this feature is called? I'd look in the settings on my old machine but I knocked it off the nighstand one evening, humidifier spilled into the cpap portion, and....well you know. Oh-jeez I am able to access the clinician menu. Thank you for your time!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation possible setting issue
Welcome to the forum. Be sure to download #Sleepyhead so you can see the data. That will likely answer your question whether you had an apnea at that time that caused the arousal and tachycardia.

What model Dreamstation were you given? It sounds like a fixed pressure machine, and if so I hope it is the Pro or Auto. The CPAP does not provide efficacy data. There is no good reason you should not have received an auto machine to replace your previous one that worked well. What's the story?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's DreamStation Auto CPAP Hum DOM. Maybe the auto setting is off?

Also I don't know if Sleepyhead software will work for me as I only have a Chromebook and various Android devices. Anything good for those two OS's?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-13-2016, 07:51 PM)Sector001 Wrote: It's DreamStation Auto CPAP Hum DOM. Maybe the auto setting is off?

Also I don't know if Sleepyhead software will work for me as I only have a Chromebook and various Android devices. Anything good for those two OS's?

That's great, and easily fixed. You can get a clinician manual from the forum (see link at top of page). If you know your settings from your previous machine, just go into the clinical menu by turning the control knob to setup, press control knob and ramp at the same time until a double beep, then go to setup and find mode. Press control knob and change CPAP to Auto and select by pushing the knob. Scroll through the settings and change minimum and maximum pressure to what you know works. That should do it for now.

It's pretty common for a macine to be setup for CPAP instead of auto. It should reflect your prescription, and someone may have missed you use a range. The supplier should do this for you if it is something you don't want to do yourself.

Good luck!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My Dreamstation increases the pressure if I hold my breath... perhaps the fall off the nightstand has disrupted something in the settings, or the machine itself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sector001,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,319 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 76 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,021 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 812 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  hypertension issue PaulaO2 19 621 03-04-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 1 168 03-02-2024, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 332 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.