Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation pressure suddenly way too high
Dreamstation pressure suddenly way too high
I have been using the Phillips dreamstation for the past three years. I have had no problems with it. My pressure has always seemed to be regularly between 4.0 and 6.0. However, for the last couple of weeks the pressure has been going way too high. I will wake up and check the pressure and it will be around 16. It’s not like that all of the time. Sometimes it is still in the 4-6 range, but more often than not, it is in the mid teens. I have been having a lot of gas that I think might be caused by the higher pressure.  I don’t know much about settings. For about 20 years I have always just used the machines I have been prescribed without needing any adjustments. Any ideas about why the pressure would be changing like that and/or how to fix it?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation pressure suddenly way too high
If you have a pc (not sure if you're using a pc or a phone) and an SD card reader,  you could install Oscar to download your daily data details from the machine.  Then, if you post a screenshot , the pros here may be able to shed some light on this.

As a sidenote...  just checking that you're aware of the Dreamstation recall (internal foam degradation)   ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the board! There are a lot of very knowledgeable people here that can help.  But to do so we need data.  That data is in the form of Oscar (downloaded free at the top of the site.  everything here is free).  There are a lot of things that can cause what you are asking about and we can see that on Oscar.   My last link at the bottom of the post is on charts and it also gives you information on Oscar.

Because I am guessing, I would look at sleeping position.  We call that positional apnea, many times it is sleeping on your back or your pillows are to high.  That causes you to chin tuck (chin dropping to your sternum and cutting off your own airway.  The machine raises pressure to clear the blockage BUT NO PRESSURE CHANGE CAN CLEAR Positional  Apnea.  You have to stay out of that position.  Again, this is just a guess without seeing your charts.

Another thing that drives up pressure is snoring again many times that is sleeping on your back.

Please think about using Oscar - without it we are guessing.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I’ll check out Oscar and post results. As to the recall, I just became aware of it. From my reading of what Philips sent me, their solution is to stop using the CPAP until they come up with a solution. Are they actually replacing the machine or is the only solution to just stop using the machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
I would not stop until you get a new machine. I don’t know your Circumstance but if you call your Dr you should be able to just have him write another prescription. Many people here use ResMed autoset. If you want to use dreamstation a warning that it has encrypted code that can not yet be read by Oscar.

With the prescription you can go through your supplier or buy it off the internet.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
The Dreamstation responds with pressure increases to snores. Be sure you don't have a restriction at the air intake, or that your tubing is not rubbing on a hard surface. The machine may incorrectly interpret vibrations as snores and respond with pressure increases. You can set the maximum pressure to a manageable level. Submitting your Oscar data for review on the forum will help us to identify a possible cause for the problem. Links in my signature show how to organize Oscar charts and attach an image file in your post.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 64 1,793 03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 125 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 694 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 106 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 118 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,422 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 213 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.