Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation question
Dreamstation question
I was given a Dreamstation by a respiratory therapist I know and the serial number has been removed from the bottom.  I want to use an app or program I can use on my chromebook with this machine.  Is there one out there that will work.  I could not get a machine thru insurance due to my high deductible so this is what was available to me.  Thanks for any info you can provide.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation question
Welcome to the forum and congrats on finding a wonderful source of information! I would recommend you read, read, read as much as you can to educate yourself about your treatment and machine. Really the more well informed you are the better chance your therapy will be successful and you will be more comfortable. Also, please ensure to read the excellent Mask Primer created by bonjour, link is also in my signature. Having a well fitted mask that is suited to you is 3/4 of the battle.

Hopefully your Dreamstation is a data capable one (has an SD card inserted to store data.) The best piece of software I could recommend for analyzing your data is called Sleepyhead. Please see the relevant links below in my signature on how to install Sleepyhead and how to organize your data charts as well as post on this forum (once you have 4 posts) using IMGUR so that we can look at your data and give you advice.

All the best and keep us posted on your progress!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2017, 01:41 PM)Missytrix Wrote: I was given a Dreamstation by a respiratory therapist I know and the serial number has been removed from the bottom.  I want to use an app or program I can use on my chromebook with this machine.  Is there one out there that will work.  I could not get a machine thru insurance due to my high deductible so this is what was available to me.  Thanks for any info you can provide.

What happened that makes you think the missing serial number prevents the app from working? Is it required on sign up?

I think SleepyHead should work fine for you, but others will know for sure.

<Moderator Note: This thread was moved from the Main Forum.>
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would be very surprised if the serial number was removed from the Clinician's Setup Menu display.
Also, using the model name and number from the bottom plate, you can obtain the Clinician's Setup Manual using the link at the top of this page; It will be very useful to you. The basic instructions for entering the Setup menu are also in the llink above.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum, Missytrix.

The serial and model numbers should be in the My Provider section of the Main menu.

Push the white knob on the front of your device to light up the display, if it isn't already lit.

Once the display is lit, turn the knob until the My Provider screen is visible. Push the knob on front to enter the My Provider menu.

The first screen in the My Provider menu should show the serial number, model and software version of your device.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
It has been able to pass this, the mather board has been changed by a new one, respironics has a protocol when this happens, the number changes and you have to print a new tag with the new number, it seems that the technician who has done it, or bo I had the right printer or forgot to do it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks  Thanks everyone for your help.  There is a slot for an sd card but there is no card in the slot.  Is it a special card or can I use a regular SD card? 
I only have a chromebook and android.  I cannot use sleepyhead so I downloaded the DreamMapper app.  My bluetooth is paired but do I need the sd card to transfer data?  Sorry if that is a dumb question.
Post Reply Post Reply
You will need to create a new account in the app using your cpap device's serial number. Be sure the blue portion of the Using Bluetooth button in the therapy device tab in settings is on the left side. Your device should upload data to the DreamMapper website each time you start the app. You can also force an upload by using the refresh button. It is found by clicking the three round dots in the top right corner on an iPhone. The blower on your machine will have to have been turned off for a while in order to upload data.

I'm not sure about a sd card having to be present. My machine came with one. If you can't get your machine to upload to the website it may possibly help to put a card in. Just a standard sd card at least 2gb will do.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Any SD card will do. But you need to put one in there to be able to record the daily data.

Dreammapper is alright for rudimentary info. But using Sleepyhead software on your computer and uploading the results from an SD card will give much more data.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm actually using a really old 256Mb SD card as the one that came with the machine can no longer be read by my pc external SD Card reader. Very hard to find even a 2Gb SD card these days. Save money and avoid using the high speed ones which are more expensive and just keep to the bare minimum SDHC ones which should work fine.
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbe OSCAR Question (Dreamstation BiPAP S/T some days missing) 3rdMarDiv 16 3,072 05-12-2019, 09:54 AM
Last Post: 3rdMarDiv
Question Dreamstation modem question monkeyfeathers 3 1,938 07-10-2016, 07:51 PM
Last Post: chill

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.