Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation vs Airsense 10 noise
Dreamstation vs Airsense 10 noise
I am in my first 60 days, my provider didn't give me any choice of a machine, I hadn't found this site, and the dreamstation had good reviews so I didn't fight it.

I have found the sound of the blower on the dreamstation to be very annoying as it ramps up and down. I have played with the flex from off to 3 and settled on 1, I need some exhale relief but don't notice much difference in sound. 

I have a ResMed Air Mini for travel and it is much quieter, I can't even tell it's running in the hotel.

Is the ResMed Airsense 10 quieter than the Dreamstation? I know the specs say it isn't but what is your real life experience?  I've searched but most of the reviews just go over published specs.  Thanks for the help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation vs Airsense 10 noise
My understanding is that the AirSense 10 is quieter than the AirMini.
My wife periodically checks my breathing at night because she doesn't hear my machine at all!!! At least she is no longer waking me to ask me if I'm alive. Yes, the ResMed machines are quiet. Mask can also make a difference. I'm using the P10.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don’t have a DreamStation, but have used its predecessor, the 60 series for over 5 years.  It’s always been very quite.  I can’t compare to an AirSense or AirMini because I’ve never used either, but just like anything else, some complain of noise and some will say it’s quiet.

My daughter has a DreamStation and never hears noise at all.

If you do experience noise, turn down the Flex setting, also check the air filter. The filter should be changed monthly, and be sure the humidifier is seated properly.

Some folk think the noise may be coming from the machine, but sometimes it’s the mask. Some masks, like the DreamWare mask are known for being noisy. And be sure to check that the mask setting on the machine is set correctly.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
On my path to get my ResMed ASV, I had a DreamStation BiPAP Auto. To me they both were quiet enough, but since I have tinnitus, I want and need background noise. However, either machine is quiet, I'd say ResMed is just a bit quieter. Masks, with various vent configurations will play into the quietness equation as well.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I recently tried the Dreamstation but ended up getting the Airsense 10. I think the A10 is a little quieter but that wasn't the deciding factor. I think the Dreamstation is quiet enough for most users
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 166 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,255 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 86 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 142 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  Dreamstation II -> AirSense 11 AutoSet todivefor 10 644 02-23-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: drwoodr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.