Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamwear FFM
Dreamwear FFM
I have been using the dreamwear ffm for almost 3 months now.  I was using the f20 which I really like but kept getting nose marks.  I really like this new mask.  Takes time to learn how to adjust it.  It is also very quiet.  I do have to tighten the upper straps in order that it doesn't move around my head.  I tried the small frame size and was definitely too small.  
Anyone else find this mask a winner?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamwear FFM
like Just been on cpap 10 days.  Dream ware ffm  (below the nose and around the mouth) is the only one I’ve used and it has done very well and been comfortable.   Did wake up this morning redness all around my mouth.  Had not been cleaning mask daily but will now to see if problem is solved. Otherwise it and my ResMed 10 auto cpap have been great.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-08-2018, 08:20 PM)edanny Wrote: like   Did wake up this morning redness all around my mouth. 

Bozo the clown had the same problem!
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Dielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
My first post, so bear with me....

Originally, I hated this mask, but then I finally found out I was using a size too small.  I started off with the Medium sized mask but switched to the Medium Wide mask and I acclimated to it rather quickly.  In fact, I acclimated to it rather quickly when I ripped some edging on my first mask (the F&P Simplus, size M).  The tech at my DME location originally didn't know if the Dreamwear FFM would work with my BiPAP pressures, but once I got the sizing right, I immediately starting getting dramatic drops in my AHI.

In fact, due to it's smaller nature, when I do business travel, I take the Dreamwear with me on the road and use the F&P Simplus at home.

--j
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-08-2018, 09:59 PM)snoopj123 Wrote: Originally, I hated this mask, but then I finally found out I was using a size too small.  I started off with the Medium sized mask but switched...

--j

I have this mask and find it generally comfortable. I much prefer the Dreamwear nasal mask (which delivers <1 AHI vs. about 2.5 with the FFM, for me) but I suffer from nasal congestion much of the time, so have to use the FFM on those nights. (Read the whole story in "Tale of Two Masks" thread.)

I too have found that going UP a size (from the one that appears to be the "best fit" anatomically speaking) helped eliminate a lot of frustrating leaking that went on in the early going. Maybe it has to do with allowing the big, soft peripheral band of silicon really do its job of settling down on your face like a big mushy pillow! Makes me wonder how well it will fit after several months of regular use. I do try hard to take good care of it!
Post Reply Post Reply
Honestly, I found my issue was that I tightened the top head straps too tight and it shoved the mask up under my nose, causing a bit of pain. Going a slight bigger size and loosing those straps did wonders. I don’t have too many leaking problems and in fact I’ve got a much looser set of bottoms straps on the mask compared to the F&P.
Post Reply Post Reply
We have a review thread: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ril-7-2018
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Been wanting to try this one out for a while. How does it compare against the Amara View? And would cleaning this mask be kind of tricky?
Post Reply Post Reply
I can't really compare it to the Amara View, but I can comment on cleaning it.  It's actually pretty easy to clean.  The mask itself isn't that big of an issue and I haven't really had a problem with the headband either.  There's not too many places where it's hard to get a simple paper towel or CPAP mask wipe into to get nook cleaned.  The same goes for drying the mask.

--j
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 296 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 789 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Philips DreamWear FFM mask size question cps22 0 333 11-09-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Dreamwear/F30i Rebdr 1 512 11-03-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] Phillips Dreamwear mask is whistling melody 2 583 09-26-2023, 03:43 PM
  Modifying DREAMWEAR silicone nasal pillow mask xaid 2 718 07-01-2023, 11:33 AM
  Dreamwear pillow mask fit. frame too small? jerop 6 760 05-19-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: YipeekiOH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.