Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamwear Full Face Mask any good?
Dreamwear Full Face Mask any good?
I recently got a dreamstation apap machine with this giant full face mask that has a whole head strap and a plastic bar between my eyes. Horrible. I cannot sleep with this thing and when I do I wake up all night. I am more tired than before.

I just ordered a dream-wear mask that is less obstructive but I read a couple posters on a forum saying it leaks.

Does anyone have experience with this mask? Is it ok?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamwear Full Face Mask any good?
I am a new CPAP user (one month), this is the mask I went with and I like it so much I bought another one to have a backup ready.  I bought the backup mask as three different purchases, one for each part of the mask. The total when purchased as parts ended up being way cheaper than I paid for the first mask. 

I am a side sleeper, it works great for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried the Dream-wear for my first mask. I really like the light weight, small size, and especially the top of head hose attachment. However, I couldn't get it to stop leaking at the lower edge, although it might work fine for you. Another similar design to the dream-wear is the new kid on the block the Resmed F30i which I want to try at some point.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbsup 
I recently switched to this mask and it is working for me.  I do tighten the lower straps to help avoid leaks.  But in general it works great.  I really like that I can wear my glasses with it so I can read or watch TV when going to sleep.  That was not really possible with my other full face masks.  

Additionally my mother uses an APAP and was having issues with her masks (Air Fit and fisher/paykel). I called the sleep center at Kaiser and switched hero over to the same mask, I was fortunate to have both small and medium masks/headware to fit her.  She is doing much better now as well.

K
Post Reply Post Reply
I found it was too narrow for my big old yapper.  Dont-know
Could not get it to seal, seems like a common issue.
My wife hated it even more than me because it farted loudly all night.
The F30 is far better for people with a broader smile.  Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
Face shapes vary so much that a mask that works great for one person may not be suitable at all for someone else. Over the years I have seen masks lauded by many and vilified by just as many. Unfortunately it seems that some people just have to experiment to find the right mask. Of course that may not be easy to do. Depending on your insurance and your DME it can be difficult to try a number of masks. I wish there was a solution.
Post Reply Post Reply
It works very well for me. I have a moderately narrow face.
Post Reply Post Reply
As others have said, it may work great for you or the F30 or (i) might work better, or not, as they both similar.

The one thing you should know is that both the DreamWear and the F30 primarily blow air up your nose. I did half a titration with the DreamWear, it was comfortable and didn't leak, but I didn't like the air being directed towards my nose. I've used full face masks since 2001, so I'm used to them. I ended up with an F20.

John
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 71 Yesterday, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 204 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 148 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 520 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 177 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,597 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 700 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.