Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamwear Gel Pillow - exhaust slot noise
I have been using the Dreamwear mask with the nasal cushions for several months.  I turn a lot in my sleep and like the top-of-the-head design.  However, I do routinely lose the seal on the cushion and have to readjust it several times during the night.  

I just got the Dreamwear gel pillows in hopes that this might reduce that problem.  The medium pillows fit great, but they are extremely noisy. The air flowing through the pillow's exhaust slot, especially when I inhale, is so loud neither my partner nor I could get to sleep and I had to switch back to the cushion.  I tried switching to the Small pillow and the noise seemed to go away, but it was too small to wear comfortably.  I found if I plug the exhaust, the sound goes away, but that doesn't seem practical even though there is another exhaust slot at the top of the mask.  I'm not sure if I got a bad gel pillow, or if there is a trick to make it quieter.  Have others had this same problem? 

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi BoyrauchS,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your question, good luck with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I am just about to find out if this is a problem. I've got the small pillow and like you it is a bit too small for me. My medium should arrive in the next few days and I'll report back. What I do like is the way that the pillow has brought down my AHI and especially my RERAS. Not sure why this should be but am grateful.
Post Reply Post Reply

Interesting.
I didn't experience any noise difference between pillow or cushion.
It does seem a bit noisy, mostly because the air is flowing thru the silicone tubes near your ears/temples.
Has not interfered with my ability to sleep or fall asleep.

I do wish they would diffuse the exhaust ports.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't notice the sound of air through the tubes; maybe it has to do with the shape of my head or something.  I only hear the wheezing sound through the exhaust port.  I used a sound meter app on my phone to do an unscientific measurement of the difference between the various pillows.  The nasal cushion by far was the quietest, followed by the small gel pillow, then the large, and finally the medium.  The difference was significant.  As I said this was not a controlled experiment, but let me know I wasn't just imagining it.  Your results may vary...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Noise cancelling solutions BlinkyGeorgia 22 649 11-13-2017, 02:38 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Dreamwear reborn drgrimes 7 245 11-13-2017, 07:39 AM
Last Post: OMyMyOHellYes
  Air Mini Noise solutions? Frequenttraveler 4 242 11-08-2017, 03:21 PM
Last Post: Frequenttraveler
  DreamStation Go and ResMed AirMini (Excessive Noise) Group 7 Racer 5 493 11-08-2017, 12:48 PM
Last Post: GuppyDRV
  Air Mini Hose noise solution Frequenttraveler 18 1,990 11-07-2017, 11:57 PM
Last Post: donmeek
  [CPAP] Resmed Airsense 10 makes breathing noise LSU101 8 465 11-06-2017, 09:47 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  With a face mask pressure is about 8.5. With a nasal pillow pressure was 20 at one po brojohn1611 10 455 11-04-2017, 03:05 AM
Last Post: James2017