Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Adjust ASV Settings to AutoASV Settings
ResMed Adjust ASV Settings to AutoASV Settings
I have used a ResMed AircurveASV for the last year and it dropped my AHI from 65 to 1.  The device is set to ASV mode but I would like to see if the AutoASV mode is more comfortable.  My current settings are EPAP=7, MIN PS=4, and MAX PS=10.  For AutoASV mode how should I set the MIN EPAP and MAX EPAP, and how should the MIN and MAX PS be set?

Thanks,
Ron
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Adjust ASV Settings to AutoASV Settings
using your current settings as a base and using the probable same s9 default setting, unless you have the s10 manual. I would think I would raise the EPAP and keep the PS:3 as a minimum
the s9 page 41
https://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/...lo_eng.pdf
Min EPAP 4 cm H2O (I'd raise to your 7)
Max EPAP 15 cm H2O
Min PS 3 cm H2O
Max PS 15 cm H2O (it will max out at 12 with a min epap of 7 but it won't need changing)
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Before making any changes you need to analyse what is currently happening, were there are problems and what you hope to achieve by the change.

You mentioned you wanted to see if Auto would be more comfortable, so this implies you're having some discomfort with your current fixed EPAP setting? Can you expand on how you feel this discomfort? As always a picture is worth 15 posts, so let's see some SleepyHead output as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually things are going well (see screenshot).  I was really just interested if the AutoASV felt different.  I am having some difficulty falling asleep with the device, but it has largely trained me so I no longer have to 'fight' it when breathing.

I know that most people on the board would love to have my AHI (and the machine).  I had to go through three sleep studies to get the insurance to cover the ASV.

Thanks for any advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
This may be a classic case of "if it ain't broke..." However, for the sake of experiment let's have a look at the chart. Apart form a singular lack of apneas and hypopneas the only thing that stands out is the flow limitation. Increasing EPAP should overcome that, so I'd keep EPAPMin where it is and set EPAPMax at around 9. Leave the PS settings as they are. Give that a few days and see how you go. Leave the PS settings as they are.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for help in refining settings TBrobbs 57 1,541 1 hour ago
Last Post: Valtor
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 165 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  ASV settings and tips jcp519 43 1,342 03-26-2024, 03:19 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 93 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 195 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
  [Treatment] Lost weight, no doc, can't get my settings right... japesinjapan 9 271 03-21-2024, 01:52 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,551 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.