Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamwear Issue
RE: Dreamwear Issue
The pictures below are how the mask looks on me. I have an appointment set in the afternoon to either finally fix the fitting issue or get different headgear.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
LOL...as soon as I saw your pix, I went and threw my mask on to compare Smile

The strap behind your ears sit really high to the top of your head at a downward sloping angle.  For me wearing a medium, my straps sits right above my ears.  With the large headgear, those straps (and the attachment part to the headgear) sat touching my head right below the tips of my ears and when I lay on my side, the mask put pressure on my ears, making it extremely uncomfortable.  I liked that the large mask also hit below my cheekbones but the rest of it was so uncomfortable and I felt leaks unlike with the medium that I wear now.  

I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised with the medium headgear.  And I personally do wear the top a bit more forward to my hairline as for me it does relieve some of the pressure placed on underneath my nose from the nose gear.  I also place tiny hair clips in front of and behind the top of my head to ensure that the top of my mask doesn't slide too forward or back (lucky us with long hair).  Good luck tomorrow! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-08-2017, 02:26 AM)TrailerSweetheart Wrote: LOL...as soon as I saw your pix, I went and threw my mask on to compare Smile

The strap behind your ears sit really high to the top of your head at a downward sloping angle.  For me wearing a medium, my straps sits right above my ears.  With the large headgear, those straps (and the attachment part to the headgear) sat touching my head right below the tips of my ears and when I lay on my side, the mask put pressure on my ears, making it extremely uncomfortable.  I liked that the large mask also hit below my cheekbones but the rest of it was so uncomfortable and I felt leaks unlike with the medium that I wear now.  

I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised with the medium headgear.  And I personally do wear the top a bit more forward to my hairline as for me it does relieve some of the pressure placed on underneath my nose from the nose gear.  I also place tiny hair clips in front of and behind the top of my head to ensure that the top of my mask doesn't slide too forward or back (lucky us with long hair).  Good luck tomorrow! Smile

Yes, I did the same thing and got the same result. Looks like the medium headgear is the go.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your pictures to me indicate that that mask you are wearing is too small for your head. Next size up would be the ticket.
Post Reply Post Reply
I must be the exception,  this mask saved me! I'm around 6'2" and use the medium frame and Nasal pillow. I have only found one issue and thankfully have had no leaks. The one thing I found was that I felt Air starved compared to a full face mask and eventually with help from the forum raised my min pressure which helped immeasurably. Before raising the pressure I would fidget with the mask! I can see over time how that might lead to discomfort. I have no expertise whatsoever but thought I would share in the event you might be experiencing something similar.

Best of luck.

GuppyDRV
Post Reply Post Reply
Cool 
I got the medium frame!  Big Grin 
I'm looking forward to sleeping with it on tonight. I also got one nasal cushion and one gel nasal pillow. The plan is to alternate between the two styles once the sore finishes healing. The hope is that neither won't sit long enough on the same spot of my nose to cause any sore again. 
I've made great progress in healing the sore by the way I've been covering it at night, cleansing with an astringent and slathering it with Neosporin during the day. It should be healed completely in two or three days at this rate. 
One more funny thing. Once I put on the medium frame, the medium cushion was far too big. On one level the lady was right that I should fit the small cushion, she just got the frame size way off.
 Laugh-a-lot
Post Reply Post Reply
Medium frame with small cushion - primo.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 0 45 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: cps22
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 113 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,414 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,376 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 105 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  hypertension issue PaulaO2 19 667 03-04-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 1 186 03-02-2024, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.