Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamwear Issues
RE: Dreamwear Issues
(01-17-2016, 11:29 AM)goodnite Wrote: I have been trying to get used to the dreamwear for almost two weeks. It is very noisy and gets loud when i turn to my side. i try sleeping on my back but don't like that position so go back to my side. I do like the fact that the hose is on top and there is little on your face. Last night I tried to go to sleep with it and it was so loud I took it off and had to get up to find another mask. I chose one that was over the nose but on the forehead (which I don't like). that was the res med mirage quattro. it let me sleep without much noise at all but I still don't like the forehead thing. I am looking for a nasal mask without the forehead strap. I can't wear the pillows as they hurt my nose and I have had cancer removed there so my nostrils are uneven. anyway I wish the dreamwear worked for me but I am about to give up on it. Any suggestions? I am looking at the air fit N10. ???
Hi goodnite,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I found the AirFit N10 to be a very noisy mask at higher pressures, I liked it in all other respects. I especially liked the magnetic straps.
You might not have the same problems I did, so don’t let that get in your way of trying it, masks are such an individual thing and what doesn’t work for one, works very well for others.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I switched from the Resmed P10 to the Dreamware and for me it's been nothing sort of a miracle. I give it a big like.

1. Not having a hose hanging off my face - INCREDIBLE!

2. Not having anything pushing up my nose - INCREDIBLE!

3. I don't have any leak issues but of course that's a personal thing that depends on your face.

4. I think that some users who complain about the noise don't realize that it's not from the mask, it's from the air exiting the hole on the front and interacting with sheets/pillows/blankets. If you move those things so they are not right in front of the air slot, the wind sound disappears. That can still be an inconvenience and it's the only major thing I don't like about the mask. But everything else is so good for me, I deal with that issue.

5. I've achieved my lowest AHI's with this mask, so no issues there.

6. I am a side sleeper and have no issues there.

As always with masks, YMMV.
Post Reply Post Reply
After being the rah-rah girl for the DreamWear--and one of the first on the forum to use one--I've given up and gone back to the Wisp I started with. My leaks were getting out of hand with the DreamWear--I think the mask frame had stretched out too much and I couldn't get a new one until March. I have an Oracle chin strap that didn't work with the DreamWear mask and works fine with the Wisp. I can even sleep on my back for awhile without leaks--something I couldn't do with the DreamWear. I just had knee replacement surgery and knew that back-sleeping was probably something I needed to do--and that proved correct. My AHI numbers haven't suffered with back sleeping and pain meds and the mask change. I realize now that the DreamWear does make more noise. Sure miss the air at the back of my head and not getting tangled in the hose....
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 10 226 Yesterday, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Luka07
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 56 03-27-2024, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 93 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 114 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Airsense 10 Issues cgries2448 0 159 03-09-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: cgries2448
  issues during REM sleep... ifsmithy 5 221 03-04-2024, 12:09 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  After major surgery Issues DANNOGA 5 255 02-26-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.