Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamwear Issues
RE: Dreamwear Issues
(01-09-2016, 07:22 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: If you folks like the lack of stuff stuck up your nose, try the Nuance. It's a good mask with a good seal and has real headgear that adjusts.

Paula,

Dreamwear doesn't put anything into the nose. The nose piece fits on the nose but not in it. It is a surface seal.

Walt

Walter W. Olson, Ph.D., P.E.
Mechanical Engineering
Professor Emeritus, Professional Engineer
Post Reply Post Reply
You may have the mask on too tight--it should just touch your nose, not scrunch it up. I get a sore nose (but not a nose sore) on my left side (I sleep on my left side) but it goes away after the mask comes off. The mask does shift when I turn over, but I'm usually awake enough to push it back in place. SH reports leaks but that is when I lift it up to relocate it. Medicare gives me 2 cushions/month and I think replacing them at 2 or 3 weeks is a good idea--washing in hot water softens them up I think and I was using them longer than 2 weeks.
Post Reply Post Reply
In my experience, the pillows don't last very long. They need to be changed every 2 or 3 weeks like SideSleeper said. I had to use one for more than 2 months (having a hard time finding my size) and had problems with it not sealing and moving around on my face. Putting the new one on got rid of those problems.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wish I could use a P10 and feel the bliss of the cult! But I am between their sizes, and can't get a comfortable fit. The Nuance however - I LOVE it! I alternate between it and a WISP, and am a happy sleeper. I will occasionally swap them out in the middle of the night if whichever I am wearing is annoying me. Either of theswe 2 is FAR better for me (an active sleeper) than the P10 has ever been. Wink

Best of luck!
Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
My DME is giving a hassle on replacing the nose piece of the Dreamwear: they claim that if the piece is described as a "cushion" it iis a monthly replacement whereas if it is decribed as a "pillow" it is a two week replacement according to Medicare... anyone else having that problem?
Mechanical Engineering
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2016, 12:12 PM)wolson Wrote: My DME is giving a hassle on replacing the nose piece of the Dreamwear: they claim that if the piece is described as a "cushion" it iis a monthly replacement whereas if it is decribed as a "pillow" it is a two week replacement according to Medicare... anyone else having that problem?

I didn't have that problem - I mentioned to my DME once that they should be replaced every 2 weeks and they agreed. Well, I can't say they agreed but I can say they didn't disagree. But I can't get them to send me any replacements at all, they said the size I need is out of stock nationally.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2016, 12:26 PM)ISnoreBadly Wrote:
(01-12-2016, 12:12 PM)wolson Wrote: My DME is giving a hassle on replacing the nose piece of the Dreamwear: they claim that if the piece is described as a "cushion" it iis a monthly replacement whereas if it is decribed as a "pillow" it is a two week replacement according to Medicare... anyone else having that problem?

I didn't have that problem - I mentioned to my DME once that they should be replaced every 2 weeks and they agreed. Well, I can't say they agreed but I can say they didn't disagree. But I can't get them to send me any replacements at all, they said the size I need is out of stock nationally.

Well, I pushed them on it. After about a couple of hours, they got back to me and said it was coded wrong in their computer and I will now be able to get the nose piece every two weeks. Problem solved and I actually won one!
Mechanical Engineering
Post Reply Post Reply
I had the first DreamWear issued by my DME provider but they had it coded right--it always was "cushions", 2/month.
Post Reply Post Reply
A couple of weeks now since I switched from nuance to dreamwear - I REALLY wanted this one to work (nothing in the nose, huge plus with the hose over the head) but after 3 nights I was ready to give up.

Stuck to it and big improvement, takes getting used to (and yes, looser fit is best) can't think of anything better just because I move a lot at night and having the hose over the head gives huge freedom (and my wife likes it better as it seems more normal to her, less "hospital like").

Hope this helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm glad you came to terms with the DreamWear! It is hard to get consistent comfort results with it since if you do wash the mask parts every morning like I do, you have to put it back on the frame every night. I have marked a line on the frame with a sharpie where the end of the velcro tab should be--it helps to get it in the right spot. I've had to shut down and adjust it many nights--usually when I got it too tight. I have occasional major leaks--but I know these are usually from pulling it away from my face and re-positioning it during the night. I haven't had a large leak since I started 11 September 2015.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 49 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 9 184 03-26-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Luka07
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 109 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Airsense 10 Issues cgries2448 0 156 03-09-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: cgries2448
  issues during REM sleep... ifsmithy 5 214 03-04-2024, 12:09 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  After major surgery Issues DANNOGA 5 250 02-26-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.