Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamwear Leaks
Question 
Dreamwear Leaks
I have bought the Dreamwear Nasal and Gel Pillows. I haven't slept with it yet but I used the Mask Test on my Airsense 10. And there seems to be a jet stream coming out from the top of the mask where the hose connects. I am just wondering if this is normal?
Take control of your machine
pick your weapon (ResScan/ OSCAR)
and be informed guys!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamwear Leaks
That mask has an intentional vent at the elbow. Assuming the hose fits tightly, the vent will continue to emit air to prevent rebreathing exhaled air. If that feature is a distraction to you, a different mask with a quieter diffuser may be a solution. I like to encourage new users to at least try the Resmed Airfit P10 nasal pillows. Many assume they need a full face mask, but find a lightweight nasal pillows works well.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2019, 09:22 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: That mask has an intentional vent at the elbow.  Assuming the hose fits tightly, the vent will continue to emit air to prevent rebreathing exhaled air. If that feature is a distraction to you, a different mask with a quieter diffuser may be a solution.  I like to encourage new users to at least try the Resmed Airfit P10 nasal pillows.  Many assume they need a full face mask, but find a lightweight nasal pillows works well.

Thanks for your recommendation...
I'll take a look next time I'm at my DME. I like their claim that it's quiet.

I sometimes mouthbreath. However, I have no tolerance for full face masks. I'm on my second ResMed N20, using a soft wedge under my jaw to keep it closed.

I had several Wisp masks, then about 5 Dreamwear masks in succession. The Dreamwear would start fine, then move on my face during the night. Leakage was a problem.  (My DME would sell me a mask and headgear; I finally paid attention. They were stripping out the inserts that they didn't think I needed and using them for store supplies and sales.) I finally switched masks when I had minor surgery on my nostril and nose-tip to remove lumps there.)
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Yup you guys were correct, the leak rate was low. Thanks guys!!!

OSCAR RESULTS W DW NASAL PILLOW
Take control of your machine
pick your weapon (ResScan/ OSCAR)
and be informed guys!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 284 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 140 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 161 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 108 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 501 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 295 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.