Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hello to everyone [question on machine type]
RE: Hello to everyone [question on machine type]
They did titrate the second half of the study starting at 5 and working to 7. I'm going to push for an Auto machine as things can change over time and I don't want to be stuck with a machine that can't adapt.

When supine I had an AHI of 60 per hour so that's not good since that's how I normally sleep..

I've been trying to get clarity from the doc who wrote the prescription on if an Auto machine was specified or not but haven't been able to get any response. I'm guessing they just want me to talk to the DME first. Had the study on 2/17 still haven't heard from the DME. Starting to get annoyed.

Yeah, I can't believe how quick I fell asleep! But with only about 3-4 hours of sleep combined the previous two nights I was good and tired. Smile

Thanks again for all the info.
Post Reply Post Reply
It will take all the argument out of the DME if the prescription specifies auto CPAP, even if fixed pressure is prescribed to start with. The Auto machines work better for most people, because needs change through the night, and as life goes on many things change. Will your CPAP pressure work as well when you have a cold? What if you gain or lose weight? Got allergies? Life is full of surprises and the auto makes it easier.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
With my insurance, i can go to any DME that accepts my insurance. So I called and found one that could get me in asap. They asked me to email/fax/hand them my Rx and sleep study report... and then I asked them which machine they intended to give me. :-) It was the one I wanted, so that worked out well. I walked in later that day, and got it.

So... it makes me think that if you haven't been contacted yet, perhaps you could do what I did and find a DME that wants your business.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-05-2017, 09:49 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: With my insurance, i can go to any DME that accepts my insurance. So I called and found one that could get me in asap.  They asked me to email/fax/hand them my Rx and sleep study report... and then I asked them which machine they intended to give me. :-) It was the one I wanted, so that worked out well. I walked in later that day, and got it.

So... it makes me think that if you haven't been contacted yet, perhaps you could do what I did and find a DME that wants your business.

I may have to do this.  I have already called my insurance and have gotten a list of 4 DMEs that I can use.  The problem of course will be getting my hands on the prescription to take with me.   

Thanks again for everyone's input.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-06-2017, 09:40 AM)KCFLY Wrote:
(03-05-2017, 09:49 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: With my insurance, i can go to any DME that accepts my insurance. So I called and found one that could get me in asap.

I may have to do this.  I have already called my insurance and have gotten a list of 4 DMEs that I can use.  The problem of course will be getting my hands on the prescription to take with me.   

Thanks again for everyone's input.
Yes. I lucked out that my dr actually handed me the Rx and copy of my sleep study at my 1st appt with him. That has made things so much easier. 

But technically, they are yours - you are legally entitled to them. So you "should" be able to call the secretary, or go in and talk to her, and get it without any hassle.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,089 Yesterday, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 9 16,829 04-03-2024, 12:04 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 310 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Was there a question about hackers accessing your CPAP machine. I am experiencing thi DBlake 2 514 12-24-2023, 08:31 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Mask Type Setting Mpadgett714 1 535 12-11-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Mask type in settings isn’t the mask I’m wearing 3k9BAO 1 431 11-15-2023, 11:31 PM
Last Post: eok361
  [Treatment] Where can I get this type of Boil-and-bite Mandibular Advancement Splint / MAD? selfhelpdevice 1 338 11-13-2023, 08:38 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.