Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamwear Mask Nasal Piece
Dreamwear Mask Nasal Piece
Good morning!  A question for the DreamWear Mask users . . . how often do you find it necessary to swap out your nasal piece.  I have been using mine for about 6 weeks and despite caring for it daily according to the directions, I feel like the silicone is breaking down causing it to be uncomfortable at night now.

I plan to buy a replacement out of pocket (fortunately they are cheap), but I was curious if this was a common situation or not.

Thanks for any insight!

Dan
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamwear Mask Nasal Piece
I made it almost 8 weeks with mine the first use. I cleaned it daily with hot water and soap, but I found that the seal broke down pretty rapidly after 6 weeks. I had massive leaks, and finally tossed it and replaced it. Of course I use P10s now almost every night now, but I was a fan of dreamwear.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've never gotten more than a month out of a Dreamwear--sometimes less. My Wisp masks usually made it 30 days. Then I took some advice from posts on the forum and decided I might be able to do a better job of facial cleaning. I use a facial wipe designed to clean and also remove makeup, but these contain moisturizers. I started using a non-moisturizing facial cleaner around my nose and my leak rate has dropped and my mask cushions have lasted longer. I have worn my last Wisp for 2 months--a record--and have less leaks. Any oiliness, I understand, can contribute to the cushion losing effectiveness.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi EMTP579,

WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine last quite a while until I feel a flapping effect on inhale and this is when I look for a new nasal piece
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-02-2017, 11:02 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi EMTP579,

WELCOME! to the forum.!

Thank you.  I have been reading the board for a few months and have really learned a lot that has helped me get started.  I appreciate all of the info people have shared.

(03-02-2017, 10:38 PM)SideSleeper Wrote: I've never gotten more than a month out of a Dreamwear--sometimes less.  My Wisp masks usually made it 30 days.  Then I took some advice from posts on the forum and decided I might be able to do a better job of facial cleaning.  I use a facial wipe designed to clean and also remove makeup, but these contain moisturizers.  I started using a non-moisturizing facial cleaner around my nose and my leak rate has dropped and my mask cushions have lasted longer.  I have worn my last Wisp for 2 months--a record--and have less leaks.  Any oiliness, I understand, can contribute to the cushion losing effectiveness.

Thanks for sharing this idea, I will have to try that.  I have been good about washing in the AM, but pre-bed face washing really is not part of my normal routine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-06-2017, 09:06 AM)EMTP579 Wrote:
(03-02-2017, 11:02 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi EMTP579,

WELCOME! to the forum.!

Thank you.  I have been reading the board for a few months and have really learned a lot that has helped me get started.  I appreciate all of the info people have shared.

(03-02-2017, 10:38 PM)SideSleeper Wrote: I've never gotten more than a month out of a Dreamwear--sometimes less.  My Wisp masks usually made it 30 days.  Then I took some advice from posts on the forum and decided I might be able to do a better job of facial cleaning.  I use a facial wipe designed to clean and also remove makeup, but these contain moisturizers.  I started using a non-moisturizing facial cleaner around my nose and my leak rate has dropped and my mask cushions have lasted longer.  I have worn my last Wisp for 2 months--a record--and have less leaks.  Any oiliness, I understand, can contribute to the cushion losing effectiveness.

Thanks for sharing this idea, I will have to try that.  I have been good about washing in the AM, but pre-bed face washing really is not part of my normal routine.

Washing pre-bed is incredibly helpful.  It eliminated sores from dreamwear and helps with the seal.  

I now use burts bees facial wipes immediately pre-bed, and also in the morning.  Since starting that regimen I haven't had a problem, and generally leaks are easier to control.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 9 997 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  Dreamwear vs P30i Whacked 0 104 04-09-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Whacked
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 170 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,260 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,378 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 207 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 356 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.