Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamwear Whistling 'eeee' noise
Dreamwear Whistling 'eeee' noise
Hi guys, I've been using Philips Dreamwear mask for about 2 weeks. I found it's more comfortable than my previous Nuance nasal pillow mask. But the dreamwear often make this soft high pitched noise 'eeeeeeee'. Not sure what's the word, but I think it's called "whistling"?

I found some people complained of a "whistling sound" with this mask on google, but I can't find a solution on the replies.

I do found that, when I covered the exhaust hole with my finger, the noise stop. Any ideas?
Susilo
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamwear Whistling 'eeee' noise
Without a finger on the exhaust, and without straps, just gently hold the mask on your face and turn your pap on, manipulate the mask gently until you get a seal.  Is the noise still there?
If not you need to readjust your straps to mimic your hand.  See the Mask Primer for further suggestions and view the online videos on how to adjust your mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks bonjour. I followed what you said but the noise is still there. I don't think it's because the strap is too tight or too loose.

I already followed the manual, and I think I already got the right frame and cushion size. I just washed the cushion with baby soap, but the noise is still there.

The noise only happened sometimes. Sometimes I couldn't reproduce it.
Susilo
Post Reply Post Reply
My mask (the Pilairo Q) makes a whistling sound if any water condenses inside of it on cool nights. Using a heated hose stopped the noise, or a hose cover may also work. I didn't have that problem when I was using the Mirage Activa.
Post Reply Post Reply
I find my dreamwear whistles occasionally when it shifts a little when I'm asleep, the easiest way to stop it is to just pull it away from my face and let it come back so it reseats again.
I've also found that is whistles if the outgoing air hits the sheet or blankets close to my face which is solved by pushing the sheets and blankets down and away a bit.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2017, 02:21 AM)big_dave Wrote: My mask (the Pilairo Q) makes a whistling sound if any water condenses inside of it on cool nights. Using a heated hose stopped the noise, or a hose cover may also work. I didn't have that problem when I was using the Mirage Activa.

big_dave, i already use climatelineair, which is a heated hose
Susilo
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2017, 03:43 AM)Shorty Wrote: I find my dreamwear whistles occasionally when it shifts a little when I'm asleep, the easiest way to stop it is to just pull it away from my face and let it come back so it reseats again.
I've also found that is whistles if the outgoing air hits the sheet or blankets close to my face which is solved by pushing the sheets and blankets down and away a bit.

Thanks. I tried pulling and putting it back, but the noise quickly came back. The outgoing air also didn't hit anything. I was lying on my back with nothing near my face.

I changed the cushion from small to medium and so far I don't hear the noise anymore. I suspect it's a defect on the exhaust hole. Which is disappointing as I have only use the mask for about 2 weeks.
Susilo
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
I think you answered my question. The “whistle” came from the vent on the elbow leading to the mask, not the seal around my nose. I was using my MiniCPAP while camping and we were in a situation where water was condensing inside our tent while backpacking. I was able to dry it out and the sound went away. I never have this problem at home with my deluxe ASV rig.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had this last night and couldn't fix it by readjusting the straps or manipulating the mask. The problem seemed to come from the front vent so I decided to blow some air through it and it did the trick somehow. I don't know if it was a coincidence as I couldn't see anything blocking it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2017, 03:43 AM)Shorty Wrote: I find my dreamwear whistles occasionally when it shifts a little when I'm asleep, the easiest way to stop it is to just pull it away from my face and let it come back so it reseats again.

This is essentially my experience with the Resmed Mirage Quattro FX.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,303 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 147 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,605 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 296 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 789 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 360 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.