Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamwear "flapping"
Dreamwear "flapping"
I'm still on the (endless?) search for the perfect mask for me, went from Whisp to Nuance to Dreamwear to P10 (all progressively better) but for some reason the P10 became unbearable couple of weeks ago, so decided to get the Dreamwear out of the closet.

Right away loud "flapping", which somehow got better by moving the main tube around but then it would start again, loud and constant. Tried a different size pillow just in case it was a defect but no, same thing.

Tube doesn't do it with other masks, mask does it with different pillows - can't figure it out. Finally it settled so that I could use it last night but not sure what the trigger is.

Anyone experienced this? Would really like to stick to this one the tube on top is a huge huge plus for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamwear "flapping"
Can you pinpoint where the sound is coming from? The only part of the mask that could possibly "flap" would be the edge of the nose piece. Maybe you need to try a smaller nasal piece.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
A guess as to where the sound originates would help. Could be the cushion/nose piece, could be one of the exhausts hitting something, could be that the way you are sleeping and the pillow you are using are "just about" pinching off one side....I'm grasping at straws here, but you get the idea.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have found that when mine does that it is coming from the front vent. All I do is run my finger over the vent and it stops. Hope it works for ya.
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you wearing the right size frame? It does come in 2 sizes. If you google it, I am sure I have found a fitting guide online. Might have been on Philips Respironics website, I can't remember.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies, and sorry I was not more explicit: flapping sound is definitely from the nose piece. And yes a quick toying with the vent/position turns it off but then it restarts spontaneously without any change in pressure or movement.

It got better when I jiggled the big hose, which doesn't make much sense but maybe some reverberation strangeness?

I did try different nosepieces so that is not the issue.

Maybe time to switch hoses or experiment with pillows, sounds like this is not a common problem.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamwear vs P30i Whacked 0 101 04-09-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Whacked
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 354 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 862 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Philips DreamWear FFM mask size question cps22 0 344 11-09-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Dreamwear/F30i Rebdr 1 530 11-03-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] Phillips Dreamwear mask is whistling melody 2 621 09-26-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Dreamwear pillow mask fit. frame too small? jerop 6 799 05-19-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: YipeekiOH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.