Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamwear full face mask
Dreamwear full face mask
Hey guys I was wondering what you guys think about the dreamwear full face mask? Is it good?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamwear full face mask
This may not help much, but I think it's like every other mask out there. It's going to be great for some, aweful for some, and OK for the rest. I'm not sure which DME you use for supplies, but I think there's at least one in our supplier list at the top that has return insurance on masks. I'm thinking it's a small fee you'd pay to allow return of masks after you try it. It's probably a 30 day max trial limit per mask.

Best scenario is to go by trial and error to get the best for you mask. If the mask ain't right, nothin' else is right.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh okay makes sense! Thanks man! One more question, does a full face mask provide good airway support even if you’re mouth breathing?
Post Reply Post Reply
You're welcome, and to the question in my experience it's yes. When I started on AB 3 years ago, I had a terrible time with COPD and the apnea combined. I breathe through my mouth most of the time, CPAP therapy included. Full face masks are my go-to style just because of the mouth/nose breathing combo that I do naturally.

Short answer is yes a full face mask will support mouth breathing. You may suffer from dry mouth though, due to the bit of CPAP pressure/air flow. You may have to play with your humidity and heated hose settings to maximize comfort.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
“Is it good?” Is a relative question as far as masks are concerned. Do people love it? Yes. Do people hate it? The answer is also yes. It all depends on your unique facial features. Personally I don’t like it at all. I much prefer the ResMed F30 because it’s seals much better for me. The opposite is also true for many others in the forum.

And yes they do provide good airway support as long as your keep your neck relatively straight so you don’t pinch off your airway. But that goes for any mask. For me at least the tension of the straps would bring my chin to my chest. A soft cervical collar took care of that.
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys!
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome & stay safe.

Keep asking the questions; it's the best way to learn IMO, then back it up with wiki articles

Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
When you decide on a mask, be sure to search for, download and print the sizing template for that mask. There should be instructions with the template on determining if it printed to the correct scale and on how to use it. 

Good luck with your treatment.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you man! Do you guys think there is benefit to a FFM even if you can breathe through your nose? Like I know when I’m going to sleep I’m breathing through my nose, but who knows what happens while I’m actually asleep. So would FFM provide a sort of insurance ?
Post Reply Post Reply
My opinion is a full face benefits most those that are known consistent mouth breathers.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 514 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,588 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 696 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 293 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 396 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 446 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.