Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamwear hose connector?
Question 
Dreamwear hose connector?
A friend is using the Dreamwear full face mask and needs the hose connector for an additional hose. He and I have looked and it’s really not clear which part he needs to get this. Does it come with the right angle  mask frame connector?
Geoffrey Rush as Philip Henslowe, (Shakespeare in Love) "I don't know. It's a mystery."
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamwear hose connector?
Yes it comes with the 90 degree built in hose connector. It can not be removed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. The non removability of the quick connect adaptor would appear to be something of a flaw in the Dreamwear system.
Geoffrey Rush as Philip Henslowe, (Shakespeare in Love) "I don't know. It's a mystery."
Post Reply Post Reply
It comes with an insert that goes in side your hose, and that makes it a quick disconnect from the 90degree elbow. So yes the quick disconnect is removable.
Post Reply Post Reply
After looking at it closely I think the 90 elbow will also snap on and off. I saw where you can buy just the elbow and that made me take a second look.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was referring to the adapter that’s inserted into the hose, you (and my friend) said it’s not removable. That is something of a problem if you wanted to ever use the hose with another non Dreamwear mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can pull the insert back out of the hose with some effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
On mine the adapter stays on the elbow when I remove the hose. It can be removed from the elbow however. My wife's is the same.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2020, 12:52 PM)Clay L Wrote: On mine the adapter stays on the elbow when I remove the hose. It can be removed from the elbow however. My wife's is the same.

It you take that adapter and wiggle it all the way into the hose, then your hose should attach and detach to your elbow with just a click when you pull on it. That’s the way it’s designed to work.

It sounds like the way your doing it, you probably have to wiggle the hose back in forth slowly and eventually the hose pops off.

Try this:

Just pull that white adapter off by hand and work it all the way into your hose first. It stays there permanently.

Now click your hose to your mask.        Attaching and detaching of the hose is just a click.  No wiggle back in forth required.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 296 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 789 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 231 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 582 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.