Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamwear mask
Dreamwear mask
I am really intrigued by the Dreamwear mask. Is it a nasal mask or nasal.pillow? I have issues with nasal pillow masks. I am also getting weary of the bulk of the Comfortgel blue. Any comments pro or concerns would be welcome.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamwear mask
It's a nasal mask, quite unobtrusive and very comortable to wear. The winner for me is that fact that the hose comes out of the top of the head.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a review of the DreamWear by a few members.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-DreamWear

It is definitely a "nasal" mask, not a nasal pillow mask.
Like any other mask, some love it, and some don't.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is super comfortable. It is not a pillow. The nose piece is three inch long piece of very soft pliable silicone that seals under your nose on start up. I love the hose coming from the top. You never notice the hose at all and it doesn't pull on the mask either.

I have a lot of problems with leaks. I am a very light sleeper and I toss and turn a lot. When I turn over the mask unseats, albeit slightly and I get leaks. They are not large leaks and my leak rate on SleepyHead is very acceptable. However the air blowing on my face wakes me up. I am a really small person so that may be a factor too.

I called my DME and they said it helps to tighten the headgear a little more than you think you should. They also said people who change position often at night have problems with this mask.

If you are a back sleeper this would be an awesome mask. Or if you don't trash around in bed and small things don't wake you up this may work very well for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Used the Dreamwear Mask for the first time last night. According to my DreamMapper app, I had 100% mask fit and 0 leaks. Smile I am very new to CPAP therapy, but this felt extremely comfortable and a good seal.

Post Reply Post Reply
I've found it to be very comfortable, nothing in front of your face that you can see and the hose out the top means it stays out of the way and you don't get tangled when turning over etc.
With nothing in front I've found I can read in bed with glasses on and if I go to sleep all is ok, otherwise I used to go to sleep without the CPAP which wasn't good.
It is so comfortable I've woken up occasionally and thought "where is the CPAP mask" as I couldn't feel it.
I also have no head hair (bald) but a beard and moustache so can't use a FFM and the nasal ones I tried annoyed me.
The only downside after six months is that the soft headgear strap is deteriorating and will need replacement, probably because with no hair my skull is greasy so body oils etc soak into it even though I wash it frequently.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-04-2016, 08:19 AM)mmaskill6 Wrote: Used the Dreamwear Mask for the first time last night. According to my DreamMapper app, I had 100% mask fit and 0 leaks. Smile I am very new to CPAP therapy, but this felt extremely comfortable and a good seal.

Don't take that statistic on face value. If you read the clinician manual it says that a leak is a situation where the machine can no longer tell if anyone is receiving therapy. You can have a bad leak and if the machine can still sense your breathing then it will not count it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried to make my Dreamwear Mask work, but I was constantly fighting leaks. No amount of adjustments seemed to work. I also found exhalation noisy as compared to my regular mask. I'm sold on the AirFit P10, with a Swift FX as backup. Both of the ResMed masks seem to center on my nose and are far more stable as I shift from side to side.

I will concede that it's a great concept, and likely works for many people. It just didn't work for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have an interesting situation. I used the P10s for about a year and half and loved them and still do. About a year ago I trialed the Dreamwear when it first came out and didn't like the noise out of the front. The P10s are extremely quiet. I kept the Dreamwear as a backup. Recently, as my leak rate was creeping up with the P10s, I trialed the new Rio mask which is a P10 knockoff with adjustable straps - unlike the P10. I liked it except for the hard plastic nose piece as opposed to the silicone with the P10. This caused me to revisit the Dreamwear and this time around I'm really liking it. For some reason the noise is either less than before or doesn't bother me anymore. Leak rate is almost non existent and I am a side sleeper. Any of these masks will work - it is simply trial and error and determining what works for you.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Look at or try the Respiriontics WISP.
Thanks Sleep-well[/font]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 297 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 789 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Philips DreamWear FFM mask size question cps22 0 333 11-09-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Dreamwear/F30i Rebdr 1 512 11-03-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] Phillips Dreamwear mask is whistling melody 2 583 09-26-2023, 03:43 PM
  Modifying DREAMWEAR silicone nasal pillow mask xaid 2 718 07-01-2023, 11:33 AM
  Dreamwear pillow mask fit. frame too small? jerop 6 761 05-19-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: YipeekiOH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.