Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamwear nasal condensation
Dreamwear nasal condensation
I use the Dreamwear nasal cushion and find it to be really comfortable. I usually have zero leaks and zero obstructive events overnight. I have an Airsense 10 Autoset with heated tube. Temp 86 and auto for humidity.

The issue is that there is usually a lot of condensation in the nasal cushion in the morning. Most of the time this does not bother me, but sometimes the condensation is more pronounced and will make a gurgling sound that might wake me.

Does anyone know of a cozy that might insulate the nasal cushion and, therefore, likely reduce condensation?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamwear nasal condensation
Check with Supplier #31. If they don't have it they can make it.

Of course you could put the humidifier on manual and turn it down also.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I think the higher the tube temperature the higher the humidity produced by the machine. Try reducing the hose temperature and see if the problem clears
Post Reply Post Reply
The higher the tube temp the more water the air can hold prior to rainout.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2018, 07:53 AM)Coffee Man Wrote: The higher the tube temp the more water the air can hold prior to rainout.

True, but since it is set for auto humidity control it will put less humidity into the hose for rainout when the hose temp is reduced.
Post Reply Post Reply
gwc2795, The hose temp doesn't increase or decrease the amount of humidity. The humidifier heat controls it. All the hose temp does is prevent condensation in the hose.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
From what I understood, the automatic setting would maintain an 80% humidity level based on the hose temperature.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
In Auto mode the hose maintains 80F and the humidifier heat adjusts based on the humidity. Sometimes though it can still cause rainout in the mask. Putting it in manual and dropping the humidifier level can solve that.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2018, 06:50 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: gwc2795, The hose temp doesn't increase or decrease the amount of humidity. The humidifier heat controls it. All the hose temp does is prevent condensation in the hose.

Thanks for the correction walla walla I don't want to give incorrect information. I was not aware that the machine wanted to maintain 80% RH.

Gerry
Post Reply Post Reply
I should have qualified my statement. The S9, if set to Auto, will provide 80% humidity based on the set temperature. The A10 might have different ideas in this area.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamwear vs P30i Whacked 0 104 04-09-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Whacked
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 356 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 866 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
Question [Equipment] Fullface or Nasal? Jose Castro 10 949 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Philips DreamWear FFM mask size question cps22 0 345 11-09-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Dreamwear/F30i Rebdr 1 530 11-03-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] Phillips Dreamwear mask is whistling melody 2 621 09-26-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Nightynite

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.