Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamwear nasal mask is noisy
Dreamwear nasal mask is noisy
I'm new to this CPAP game, I like my dreamwear nasal mask but it seems (to me) to be very loud.  Is there anything I can do or can someone recommend an alternative?

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamwear nasal mask is noisy
Resmed Airfit P10 is a very quiet nasal pillow mask that is highly recommended.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamwear nasal mask is noisy
Hi Sue,  I Think the Dreamwear nasal mask is great, But first time it did quite annoy but more as original Medium frame mask was wrong size to big and loose fit, eventually tried the small size frame and fits good, while occasionally hear air sound, put finger over the mask air breather hole to check and if cant hear with finger on breather hole, telling mask leaking need to resit other wise just slightly move head on pillow and noise will go away, I believe is the air from breather facing on to the pillow but do rarely now have issues with it anymore. Not try not place head in in middle of pillow but face head away from either end of pillow if that makes sense, this less risk to prevent of air breather stream of air from facing blowing into pillow which creates the air/leak noise from air contacting the pillow.
I love the freedom of  Dreamwear plain nasal mask and especially hose out of way at top of head like . But I have  not chance of even thinking of trying any Nasal Pillow prong sticking into your nose, even the thought it , is worse than ramming finger into nose for a a pick Oh-jeez  Give it try hope helps out?

Cheers Iceman
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 98 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 316 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,075 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,224 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 293 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 338 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.