Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamwear question
Dreamwear question
I have been using my machine about a month and am amazed at the difference.  BUT I have a question.  There are times, when I'm not in a spot where it's caused by the pillow, that I feel like my mask is shooting air at my right eye.  It was put together at the DME store, and appears to be aligned correctly.  Any ideas on what could be going on?  Do I need to take it back to the store?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamwear question
Hi Equine mom,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
There is a mask fitting guide here on this board in the wiki that can help you with tips on how to adjust your mask.
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm currently using a size that I know doesn't fit me perfectly, and it's doing that sometimes. So maybe try going down a size in cushion... or maybe even in frame.
Post Reply Post Reply
I already have the small cushion adn small frame.  I have tomorrow off, so will probably go back to the DME store to get their thoughts.  I love the mask, though.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah, ok.

Then my other observation is that I feel like mine has stretched out over time, and is not sealing well anymore. For me, it took about 2 months... and then I decided the cushion/frame(?) is too stretched to fit properly (because it's doing that weird leaking thing).
Post Reply Post Reply
It could be that the small cushion is too small for you or even that the headgear is too small (which you would have to go back to the store to change.) Have you tried using the Medium cushion? It should have come with your package. When I trialed the Dreamwear it came with S-M-L sizes.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2017, 01:08 PM)Marillion Wrote: It could be that the small cushion is too small for you or even that the headgear is too small (which you would have to go back to the store to change.)  Have you tried using the Medium cushion?  It should have come with your package.  When I trialed the Dreamwear it came with S-M-L sizes.

Possible, I suppose, but I'd be surprised.  When I went for my titration study, she had me try the small and it seemed to work well.  The sleep doc doesn't take my insurance for DME, so I went to a CPAP store.  They had me try it on to make sure it fit.  I have a tiny nose and small head.  I can wear youth glasses & hats no problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you get the package or bag that contained the mask? The extra parts should be in there.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2017, 04:51 PM)Marillion Wrote: Did you get the package or bag that contained the mask?  The extra parts should be in there.

I didn't get the one that came with all the parts - just the pieces I need.  The other is a "fitting kit".  I am still within the time to return it, so should be fine anyhow.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hrm. If you have such a tiny head, maybe the DreamWear won't work for you. But it worked fine during the sleep study?

Could you wear a beanie om your head before putting on the mask? I know... weird. LOL But if it makes it fit...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 296 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 789 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Philips DreamWear FFM mask size question cps22 0 333 11-09-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Dreamwear/F30i Rebdr 1 512 11-03-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] Phillips Dreamwear mask is whistling melody 2 583 09-26-2023, 03:43 PM
  Modifying DREAMWEAR silicone nasal pillow mask xaid 2 718 07-01-2023, 11:33 AM
  Dreamwear pillow mask fit. frame too small? jerop 6 760 05-19-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: YipeekiOH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.