Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamwear reborn
Dreamwear reborn
I was one of the first users of the Philips Dreamwear with the air hose on top of the head.  I just knew it would be the miracle i was waiting for.  The first version had a slit in the nose piece instead of nasal pillows.  It leaked horribly, and went into my sock drawer along with other failed attempts.  I wondered why they didn't use pillows.  I cut the nasal pillows off an old system and silicon-ed it into the Dreamwear.  It kind of worked but not perfect.  I took my home made prototype to my DME.  They were excited and told me I should send the idea to Philips.  I did. They thanked me and said they would pass along the idea to their design people.  I have no idea if that really happend but low and behold, it now is real.

This new Dreamwear not only has nasal pillow, but they are little gel filled cushions.  So far I love it.  A few issues keeping the hose situated but it has great promise.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamwear reborn
Excellent- well done! Did you take out a patent or registered design? Philips should be paying you a royalty!
Post Reply Post Reply
DeepBreathing, thanks!  No i did not bother with patents and such.  My experience with such things is you spend a lot of money and end up with ZIP.  I'm just glad they made the change.  Although it would be nice to be filthy rich and retired. Oh well i got one out of two....retired.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi drgrimes,
It's great you are having good results with the Dreamwear jell pillows, Good to hear from you again.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
If the design has changed, that's interesting. The original had no way to keep the air pressure in the right place. I might have to revisit.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Trish, oh my, you are STILL as sweet as ever.  SleepRider, YES it has changed radically and worth a retry.  I have spent a fortune on every new thing out there, hoping for a miracle. This new rig needs a bit of tweeking to keep the head gear centered, but the nose piece is the best.  Also having the hose  on top of the head makes moving around easier than the old way.  Still not perfect, but hey I'm still not out of money.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm using the the DW pillows and they work really well but you have to get them positioned in your nose correctly or the flow appears to be reduced. This is something that Respironics should work on. The pillows tend to collapse into themselves in the wrong position.

I occasionally go back the nasal mask because it did a very good job however my numbers are lower with the pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did I ever tell you about the time, decades back, when I described my idea for a small computer to be used in the home to a couple of fellers, one was named Wobs and the other Jozniaik, IIRC......

OMMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
Love it!
Post Reply Post Reply
I also used the first version of the Dreamwear mask. Although it was much better than the Quattro FX I was using....and it was my first nasal pillow..well it was exciting.
However, as soon I saw the DW Nasal Pillow it was marvelous. But (there's always a but), seems my nose thrills are tinier and sometimes I wake with some pain, but it's tolerable.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamwear vs P30i Whacked 0 100 04-09-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Whacked
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 347 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 858 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Philips DreamWear FFM mask size question cps22 0 344 11-09-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Dreamwear/F30i Rebdr 1 529 11-03-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] Phillips Dreamwear mask is whistling melody 2 617 09-26-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Dreamwear pillow mask fit. frame too small? jerop 6 796 05-19-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: YipeekiOH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.