Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamwear ?s and stuff
Dreamwear ?s:I have been using the Dreamwear nasal mask to give my nose a break from pillows (I use lanolin but they still get sore). My machine (ResMed AirSense 10 - CPAP Autoset) has an option for picking a mask type. I know that Dreamwear is considered a nasal mask but wanted to verify that is the correct mask type to pick. Does it matter? I actually tried both settings to see if either felt better and honestly didn't notice a difference. My AHI tends to be a little higher with the Dreamwear ~2-3 instead of under 1. Anyone else notice that? I still figure it's better than no mask so I am going to continue to try the Dreamwear because I really like how it feels though I seem to get more leaks when sleeping on my side. Wish they made an extra small cushion as I think I'd do better with a slighter smaller opening.

and Stuff:I'm going on my third month of therapy and my AHI is mostly looking good, I'm getting used to wearing the mask all night (first month I lasted 3-4 hours then bailed) but I am still waking up 5-6 times a night (so annoying). I go back to see my doctor in September and if I'm still waking up as much they are going to do an in lab study, I was diagnosed via a Home study (AHI = 13). Oh well, I feel Ok but never really felt bad before my diagnosis other than the waking up so much.

PS I love this forum - so helpful and drama free. like
Post Reply Post Reply
mhelen,
The Dreamwear is a Pillows type mask. A nasal mask completely covers the nose.

I hope this may help.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Equipment] DreamWear mask design question sunrise06 13 509 1 hour ago
Last Post: SleeplessinPgh
  how to reduce leaks with dreamwear mask Inspired 18 2,890 Yesterday, 05:38 PM
Last Post: mdillge2
  Which FF mask after dreamwear? Mordi 8 455 02-23-2017, 10:14 PM
Last Post: eawinter
  AHI up on Dreamwear mask Sleepyv 15 636 02-17-2017, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea