Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamwear snore issue.
Dreamwear snore issue.
I received a new FF Dreamwear mask my DME suggested. I must have failed my "mask fit" 8 times before I got a green check on Dreamstation. I slept with it my first night (attached) and although my numbers were mostly ok, my VS was out of control. It also looked like I was riding the top of the pressure maximum as well. I have never seen anyones post showing all the VS red marks all the way across. The second night I again had a tough time getting a fit and after a few major leaks, I put on my F20 Airfit and my numbers again showed up with all the VS's.

I am experimenting with new full masks as after using my wisp nasal and then purchasing a P20 mask I developed sinus issues and had to quit using them. Previous to sleep apnea I never had a sinus issue in my life. I regretted giving them up as I enjoyed my best numbers with nasal and pillow masks. I truly believe there is a glitch with these VS numbers as I would have blown the mask in to the next room had they been real. I do have a cervical collar so I am not bending my neck. I would greatly appreciate any help in this matter. One positive in this matter has been my Tidal Volume has increased with my FFM. Numbers used to be around 280 to 360.

[attachment=8544][attachment=8545]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamwear snore issue.
I agree. There's a glitch with the machine. You have no flow limitation events where you would expect at least some if your snoring like that. Also I noticed no VS2 recorded which is usually more sensitive to noise.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Not only that if you noticed on both charts it shows snoring immediately even when I am wide awake trying to fix leaks. I hate to disengage VS as I did for VS2. Would you recommend re-installing Sleepyhead and see what happens? It just seems strange it just started after returning to a FFM.

Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Not only that if you noticed on both charts it shows snoring immediately even when I am wide awake trying to fix leaks. I hate to disengage VS as I did for VS2. Would you recommend re-installing Sleepyhead and see what happens? It just seems strange it just started after returning to a FFM.

Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
If you had the VS2 turned off that would explain why I didn't see it.  Oh-jeez 

It's not a sleepyhead problem.  I would unplug your machine and than plug it back in to reset it.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2018, 07:12 AM)michael9346 Wrote: It just seems strange it just started after returning to a FFM.
Mike

Mike,
This statement is what stands out for me, and the fact that you can’t “pass” the mask fit test.

Check your DreamWear mask to be sure you are wearing it correctly.  Make sure that both exhaust vents are not obstructed in any way.

Also, Did you check the Mask Type setting on your Cpap?  Usually X1 to X5. Check your mask package for the correct setting. (This only applies to Phillips Respironics masks.)
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Walla Walla. I will reset it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your response OpalRose. It also seemed strange to me to show up after the mask type switch. Using the Wisp, I always taped my mouth along with the cervical collar. When I first switched back to a FFM I used the F20 Airtouch 2 days with no snoring issues. Then I received the new Dreamwear and the problems began. I did set the mask size to 1X. I read the instructions and their picture guides to a tea. As far as two vent areas they were working fine, but through the night this mask leaked in various spots. With a pressure of 15 max, it should not have challenged the mask. If you ever looked at a Dreamwear mask the nostril opening are cut into a "V" and the silicone underneath the nostrils are about 1/16th of an inch. Very poor design (imop).
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2018, 08:59 AM)michael9346 Wrote: Thanks for your response OpalRose. It also seemed strange to me to show up after the mask type switch. Using the Wisp, I always taped my mouth along with the cervical collar. When I first switched back to a FFM I used the F20 Airtouch 2 days with no snoring issues. Then I received the new Dreamwear and the problems began. I did set the mask size to 1X. I read the instructions and their picture guides to a tea. As far as two vent areas they were working fine, but through the night this mask leaked in various spots. With a pressure of 15 max, it should not have challenged the mask. If you ever looked at a Dreamwear mask the nostril opening are cut into a "V" and the silicone underneath the nostrils are about 1/16th of an inch. Very poor design (imop).

I’ve only tried the DreamWare nasal and nasal pillow mask, but could not adapt to either.
I’ve never seen a chart like yours with the VS flagged all night. Dont-know
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
can't see your flow rate in your posted charts. I'm guessing anything that might vibrate could cause your vs flags. if mask doesn't fit right a leak could set part of the mask in some kind of motion somewhere, in the mask and even your cheeks or lips. sometimes our lips part and we pfffft, pfffft, pfffft. if you're leaking and not getting max benefit from pressure you may in fact be snoring.

edit: forgot to mention the humidifier. if not completely secured latched pushed in whatever it can generate vibration. you'd probably notice the increased noise though. also not likely but make sure nothing is in front of the intake and your filter is clean and secure.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 0 28 3 hours ago
Last Post: cps22
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 102 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,411 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,374 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 103 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  hypertension issue PaulaO2 19 663 03-04-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 1 186 03-02-2024, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.