Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamwisp Nasal Mask
Dreamwisp Nasal Mask
Has anyone tried the new Dreamwisp mask?  I just ordered one and have high hopes for it.  I have a regular Wisp, and I like it pretty well, but I don't particularly like the front mounted hose, even though I route it up over the top.  I think the Wisp cushion is pretty good, but the ResMed N20 cushion is slightly more comfortable for me. But I wasn't crazy about the N20 headgear, so I cobbled together a setup with an N20 cushion fitted into a Wisp frame.  I can stand either the Wisp, the N20 in a Wisp frame, or the regular under the nose Dreamwear (as long as I have an extra set of straps mounted to its frame to keep it in place without the cushion shifting).
This new Dreamwisp looks to have taken what's good about the Wisp (the cushion and secure headgear), coupled it with what's good about the Dreamwear (top hose quick-disconnect/double swivel, 2 exhalation port areas to minimize noise and blowing - and added magnetic strap connections for an added convenient touch.
If the cushions are comfortable and seal well and there's not too much noise in the frame tubes, it could be a winner.
Let me know what you think.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamwisp Nasal Mask
Cronkster - how do you like the new mask? I have been looking at it myself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I only used it for a couple of nights, then left on a one month trip that I'm currently on (took my old  Dreamwear mask with my added strap modification on the trip, since I didn't want to cram a brand-new mask in the suitcase).  From the couple of nights try-out, I think the Dreamwisp is good.  I put it on, adjusted it to fit and, although I didn't check any numbers, just slept through the night with no problems or comfort issues.  Not bad, having nothing to get used to with a new mask.   The headgear seems comparable in comfort to the regular Wisp headgear, and the magnetic attachments to the frame work really well.  No struggling to figure out the orientation of your hand and the clip to get it attached, so no sleepiness-disturbing effort required to just slip on the mask and attach one or both of the magnetic clips.  And of course you've got the top quick disconnect if you get up during the night. And the top hose attachment, as with the Dreamwear, pretty much eliminates hose management problems.  The cushion is comfortable and stays sealed, and the front of the mask doesn't get in the way since there's no hose sticking out of it. Noise is not bad, and the exhalation slots are similar to the Dreamwear mask's - their jet of air, like the Dreamwear's, is fairly unidirectional and, since they're in two locations, not too forceful.  
This is the Dream Wisp, and it does seem a hybrid of the best features of each.  Like the Dreamwear, it has a top hose connection, and exhalation slots rather than pinholes.  Like the Wisp, it has a nose-covering, well sealing cushion and a frame/headgear combination that keeps the cushion in place. 

I like the Dreamwear mask, but only if I modify it with an extra, lower set of straps so it can't move out of place during the night.  And the original Wisp also works for me without losing its seal, but the front hose is a downside and routing it topside makes a clunky arrangement with a loop in front of your face. 
So I like this new Dreamwisp... it has a cushion that's similar to the Wisp but feels slightly more comfortable at the edges, where it meets the nose/face juncture.  Easy to adjust, easy to put on and take off, comfortable, stays sealed, fairly quiet, minimal air jetting, and no hose issues.  That's about all a mask needs to be.  
Try it and let me know what you think.
Post Reply Post Reply
P.S.

Still, though, I don't see why Philips didn't take the suggestion I wrote to them, and modify the Dreamwear mask.  The Dreamwear under-nose cushions work well, and are about the least obtrusive and most comfortable arrangement possible.  The only problem with them is that the mask can move them enough to lose the seal during the night.  If instead of going to a Wisp type cushion like this new Dreamwisp, they had simply added this new headgear arrangement to the Dreamwear mask, it would then work for a lot of people who currently have trouble with it, and without needing to eliminate the comfort, tiny size and simplicity of the under the nose cushion.
As I said, I no longer have any issues with the Dreamwear, ever since I added a set of lower straps that I loop around the side arms of the mask, route under my ears and attach with velcro in back of my neck.  This stabilizes the mask enough that it doesn't lose seal. 

The new Dreamwisp is yet another chance for them to incorporate another mix of features to sell to suckers like me. But yes, it's a good mask, and I'll keep and use it as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-25-2019, 09:43 PM)cronkster Wrote: I only used it for a couple of nights, then left on a one month trip that I'm currently on (took my old  Dreamwear mask with my added strap modification on the trip, since I didn't want to cram a brand-new mask in the suitcase).  From the couple of nights try-out, I think the Dreamwisp is good.  I put it on, adjusted it to fit and, although I didn't check any numbers, just slept through the night with no problems or comfort issues.  Not bad, having nothing to get used to with a new mask.   The headgear seems comparable in comfort to the regular Wisp headgear, and the magnetic attachments to the frame work really well.  No struggling to figure out the orientation of your hand and the clip to get it attached, so no sleepiness-disturbing effort required to just slip on the mask and attach one or both of the magnetic clips.  And of course you've got the top quick disconnect if you get up during the night. And the top hose attachment, as with the Dreamwear, pretty much eliminates hose management problems.  The cushion is comfortable and stays sealed, and the front of the mask doesn't get in the way since there's no hose sticking out of it. Noise is not bad, and the exhalation slots are similar to the Dreamwear mask's - their jet of air, like the Dreamwear's, is fairly unidirectional and, since they're in two locations, not too forceful.  
This is the Dream Wisp, and it does seem a hybrid of the best features of each.  Like the Dreamwear, it has a top hose connection, and exhalation slots rather than pinholes.  Like the Wisp, it has a nose-covering, well sealing cushion and a frame/headgear combination that keeps the cushion in place. 

I like the Dreamwear mask, but only if I modify it with an extra, lower set of straps so it can't move out of place during the night.  And the original Wisp also works for me without losing its seal, but the front hose is a downside and routing it topside makes a clunky arrangement with a loop in front of your face. 
So I like this new Dreamwisp... it has a cushion that's similar to the Wisp but feels slightly more comfortable at the edges, where it meets the nose/face juncture.  Easy to adjust, easy to put on and take off, comfortable, stays sealed, fairly quiet, minimal air jetting, and no hose issues.  That's about all a mask needs to be.  
Try it and let me know what you think.

I did this too...added another strap back of my head.. It helped. Took it from an old DreamWear mask.I've replaced the DreamWear now though, because of a sore below my right nostril.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
cronkster, please write a review after you have had a chance to use the Dreamwisp. That looks like the ideal solution for me. I use the Wisp. Have a Dreamwear with both cushions but it just doesn't stay put like the Wisp does. Like the Wisp but would like to get into lighter weight headgear. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Sidesleeper, I don't have any trouble recommending the Dreamwisp to those who use the Wisp, even though I've only used it for 2 nights.  Like I said, I didn't have any issues with it right from the get-go and it's an improvement on the Wisp.
If you like the Dreamwear, the Dreamwisp is slightly more on your nose, but it's still comfortable - and it's stable.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, DaveL.  It finally occurred to me also that I could just use an extra Dreamwear strap for the additional one.  I'm an engineer, and have to do things the hard way first.   Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 98 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 316 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,076 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,224 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 338 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 483 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  [Equipment] Nasal mask over full face if suspected UARS??)) Dashaman 6 392 01-22-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.