Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreem data not importing today
Dreem data not importing today
I successfully imported Dreem data for a number of days, but I'm not able to today.  I have the current version of Oscar, and I'm following the same procedure I had used successfully.  

Is there some fix I can try?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreem data not importing today
(11-09-2020, 12:29 PM)Dormeo Wrote: I successfully imported Dreem data for a number of days, but I'm not able to today.  I have the current version of Oscar, and I'm following the same procedure I had used successfully.  

Is there some fix I can try?

Ditto: the problem and Oscar version. Difference: I'm a new Dreem user and have had only a couple of successes. I am yet to settle into a working procedure, blundering no doubt.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled OSCAR and have started new profiles--more than once. I currently get a message indicating successful import of Dreem data, but no graphics other than a twitch of the screen at the instant of "import". 

To avoid any trouble from the time change I have limited recent attempts at importing to only the last three days. When imports did work it was the first time to third time around at the very beginning. The first import of several days of Dreem data in one import went smoothly; all those days populated OSCAR and they were graphed properly for that Dreem data.

After one of the reinstalls and loading my SD card into a new profile  the first import worked but none have subsequently. (I had renamed the old profile and its related files to include "bak" for backup to avoid deleting them and to prevent OSCAR or myself becoming confused by them.)

In the course of dealing with this I eventually found that there is an option to delete Dreem data using the "Delete machine data" menu item. But numerous attempts applying that have not been successful in completing an import.

My sense, correct or wrong, is that some Dreem register in OSCAR idiosyncratically continues to hold Dreem data (or program code) after supposedly being deleted. Sometimes, I got  a flyout message that Dreem already held the new day's data I was trying to import afresh into a new sleep session.

My imports of oximeter and Somnopose adapted accelerometer data performed faultlessly. But I quit doing them while grappling with the Dreem problem, so don't know how they would import for the past three days.
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply
Update: today's Dreem data imported readily. I went back and was also able to import yesterday's data into yesterday's charts. So whatever the glitch might have been, it is gone.
Post Reply Post Reply
Based off another member's import problem into OSCAR, please check the time on both the Dream and OSCAR. It turned out that the CPAP's clock was ahead of the computer's time and was producing an error of "trying to import data from the future".
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 71 6 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 86 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  Importing Oximetry data billmelk 1 134 03-10-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 289 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
Question Importing Data Only After A Certain Date ResMed AirCurve 10 somewherein413 4 333 02-14-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR crash importing Well O2 Max data RobertFz 7 427 02-01-2024, 10:04 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.