Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Drinking [alcohol and AHI]
RE: Drinking [alcohol and AHI]
I teach a Beer Styles class.  It might surprise you but that involves drinking.  My AHI usually remains constant (.5 +/- .3). But if I drink too much it does shoot up to between 70 and 90!!!  (Happens when you hit the bed and forget to put the mask on and forget to start the machine  Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
A lot of anecdotal  speculation about alcohol causation without any real data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey folk, scroll down to “possibly related threads” for more intoxicating reading.   Big Grin
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe good news for you drinkers  Dont-know I just checked last nights results with the ultimate chinstrap and no booze and was disappointed. The AHI was 4.41 and I only had two large air leaks of 0 seconds, because I did not have my head strap set correctly. I am normally around one or less on my AHI. I'm confused now as I figured the AHI would be less than one. I thought that reducing the big air leaks would lower my numbers. I am going to test for a few more nights to see if the trend persists.

[attachment=5059]
Post Reply Post Reply
Your AHI will go up when leaks are fixed because the machine can't see events during large leaks. So you've probably always had that many events they just weren't being reported.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-23-2018, 01:15 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Your AHI will go up when leaks are fixed because the machine can't see events during large leaks. So you've probably always had that many events they just weren't being reported.

Bummer  Sad
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] CA increase after stopping with drinking Sprunk 12 1,414 05-30-2023, 02:47 PM
Last Post: restless51
Surprised [CPAP] Drinking & CPAP & Stopped breathing 120 Seconds? (Missing Data) SleepyRob 3 749 06-16-2022, 04:38 PM
Last Post: cathyf
  [Equipment] USING WINTERGREEN ALCOHOL FOR CLEANING/FRAGRANCE CPAPSC 2 755 03-09-2021, 01:21 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  Alcohol IMPROVES my sleep apnea? hagrock 10 2,517 10-18-2020, 12:43 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Alcohol and Sleep dolppl 10 1,686 05-09-2020, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Alcohol and AHI ppca 3 1,246 05-08-2019, 11:00 AM
Last Post: ppca
  Alcohol and Lower AHI tiredPerson 12 3,676 08-18-2018, 04:46 AM
Last Post: Apnea Infant

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.