Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Drones and haters of
Drones are already an advantageous game changer for our war on terrorists but we haven't seen the backlash yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-28-2015, 08:13 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: That's why someone might want to invent a nice, fluffy, biodegradable 'earth-friendly' expandable net contained within a low-brass 12-guage shell that would catch up the drone's props, sorta like a mini-fish net. Everyone likes fishing, after all. Bigwink

Something like this but with more range:

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-28-2015, 09:30 PM)AlanE Wrote: Something like this but with more range:

Exactly... just needs more power... where's Tim the Toolman when you need him?

Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

(08-28-2015, 03:36 PM)GrammaBear Wrote: I'm not above swatting one of these things if they are flying low enough to bother me whilst I'm mowing the lawn.

There should be a way to equipt GrammaBears mower with one of those expandable fish nets. With a push of a button, she can snare one or two drones. Wink
OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

How to Organize and Post ScreenShots

http://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
This is not a new problem. When I was flying helicopter 25+ years ago, aircraft modelers would try to reach our altitude which was typically around 700 ft AGL. We'd climb to the maximum altitude allowed which was 2499 ft MSL or we would bust into class B airspace. Biggest threat to us was loss of the tail rotor.

I'm not a big fan of government regulation on what people want to own; but where one person's rights intersects another person's rights, then we have a conflict. If you want to own one, fly it in the desert and stay away from aircraft.
Post Reply Post Reply
In ky it wasnt the neighbors drone. It belonged to some punks in a car who were hovering it under the shooters neighbors carport and over the shooters backyard privacy fence and pool at about 10 ft. According to all witnesses.
Man shot it down with birdshot from a shotgun.
He was then threatened by the drone owner and friends but they left when he threatened to shoot them if they came on his property.
Drone owner claims drone was at 250 ft high, blatant lie. A shotgun would not be able to damage a butterfly with no 8 shot at that altitude. Nor pose any danger to anyone the bbs fell on.
Man was charged with criminal mischief and wanton endangerment. I expect those will be dismissed. He might get a fine for firing in city limits if that.
Post Reply Post Reply

Since I retired from the US Customs Service, these are the drones I miss most:[Image: drone_jpg_475x310_q85.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
A relative in a rural area shot down 2 drones on their property last year. Turned them over to the National Guard since their training camp isn't far, rather than the sheriff (who is understaffed). Posted a sign that said "drones found, pickup at Camp _____. " Hasn't heard a single one this year.

There are plenty of places to use drones for fun and it's not a big effort to ask a property owner for permission. We used radio controlled airplanes for years without incident.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-31-2015, 05:05 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: We used radio controlled airplanes for years without incident.

But I bet your RC planes did not contain cameras for spying on your neighbors!
Post Reply Post Reply

Now this is a drone - QF-4. Now building them out of F-16s.

[attachment=1718]

BTW, the FAA did use a radio controlled 707 for some fuel test.

Homer

Post Reply Post Reply