Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Drones and haters of
Being born and raised in Illinois, it took me a couple of minutes to figure out what and where "Mousetown" was.
That is a great new school and the photography from the drone is absolutely breath taking. Banana

Bob.
My friend Walter Cooke coined the nickname "Mousetown" for Mt. Vernon back in 1950 when I went to high school with him. The term stuck, mostly because Walt was a very trend setting sort of extrovert and people hung on his ever word. As you may imagine, it wasn't a term of endearment. Walt is long gone but "Mousetown" will live on to memorialize his existence.

Yes GrammaBear, We do have an excellent tornado warning system that has served us well for more than forty years now.

Dude
(09-02-2015, 10:42 PM)surferdude2 Wrote: My friend Walter Cooke coined the nickname "Mousetown" for Mt. Vernon back in 1950 when I went to high school with him. The term stuck, mostly because Walt was a very trend setting sort of extrovert and people hung on his ever word. As you may imagine, it wasn't a term of endearment. Walt is long gone but "Mousetown" will live on to memorialize his existence.

Yes GrammaBear, We do have an excellent tornado warning system that has served us well for more than forty years now.

Dude

I'm glad to hear your town has a warning system. Before our tornado came back in 1967 there were people who 'wanted' badly to have one installed. But since a tornado had never hit before then, the naysayers won that battle. After the tragedy, however, somehow the town's people won!!! Money was collected from across the community and it wasn't long before one was installed. We live 5 miles from town and on a clear day I can even hear the "testing" of the system every Tuesday morning. Your school is so beautiful and the area surrounding the school is awesome.

A brief description on drone rules this side of the pond, though as with so many of these things finding someone to enforce any rules is another matter.
I would go with the 12 gauge option, sadly this is not available to us.

The rules governing use of drones are still evolving, as the implications of these new use cases become clear. For example, the House of Lords EU Committee recently called for the compulsory registration of all commercial and civilian drones, amid growing concern over the use of drones by private individuals with little knowledge of aviation rules.

At the moment, there is nothing to stop you going and buying a drone and taking it out flying, as long as the drone weighs less than 20kg and you are not using it for commercial reasons. However, you must avoid flying it within 150 metres of a congested area and 50 metres of a person, vessel, vehicle or structure not under the control of the pilot.

"That’s probably going to be fine if you’re flying the drone in your back garden, but if you’re in a park, for example, you need to be very careful about making sure you’re not flying it within 50 metres of other people who are in the park," said Sally Annereau, data protection analyst at law firm Taylor Wessing.
We'll see terrorist drone bombs in the news soon. Set down a drone in a crowd with a grenade attached. Someone will be sick enough to do it.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

(08-28-2015, 08:02 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: ...................................
As far as I'm concerned, when a drone starts hovering over a homeowner's back yard for long periods of time, I think that's an invasion of privacy or a potential danger to the homeowner's physical safety (what if the drone falls on him, or pokes his eye out?)

Grin

http://mashable.com/2015/11/30/child-loses-eye-drone/
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)

(08-28-2015, 01:37 PM)AlanE Wrote: Here's a new toy for those that find drones a nuisance.

http://www.wired.com/2015/08/welcome-wor...er-cannon/

I like the jamming of them and since the FCC hasn't rules it illegal yet, jam on.

http://tshirtgun.com/
Quote:Our air cannon launchers are offered standard in black, blue, red, gold, and silver, although other custom colors are available upon request. Although our cannons shoot 300 feet+, we still have the lightest weight and most air efficient models on the market.

Back when I was a lad we called drones RC models. I never could afford one but built many line controlled models and had a great time with friends.
Sleep is worth the effort.
Actually it IS illegal to jam any radio signal within the US. This article gives a good description of why. You can find it on [commercial link removed, instead, simply search for "droningskies" on Google]

Having flown a USAF jamming platform for a good many years and working with them as a contractor, the rules are quite specific both on the military and civil sides. If you do manage to do it, and cause damage to the drone or anything else, you could be held liable.

Now that I said that, if a drone becomes an annoyance and detrimental to my well being, I could always play the "I was in fear of my life" card and act accordingly. I know there was a case with a drone bothering a nature colony and it suddenly stopped flying due to the engine ingesting lead.

Now, the air blaster has potential as there would be no evidence of its use. "Well officer, you see there was this sudden gust of wind over my property and the drone just stopped flying. Big Grin

Homer

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----

(12-05-2015, 12:08 PM)Homerec130 Wrote: Actually it IS illegal to jam any radio signal within the US. This article gives a good description of why. You can find it on [commercial link removed, instead, simply search for "droningskies" on Google].

Having flown a USAF jamming platform for a good many years and working with them as a contractor, the rules are quite specific both on the military and civil sides. If you do manage to do it, and cause damage to the drone or anything else, you could be held liable.

Now that I said that, if a drone becomes an annoyance and detrimental to my well being, I could always play the "I was in fear of my life" card and act accordingly. I know there was a case with a drone bothering a nature colony and it suddenly stopped flying due to the engine ingesting lead.

Now, the air blaster has potential as there would be no evidence of its use. "Well officer, you see there was this sudden gust of wind over my property and the drone just stopped flying. Big Grin

Homer

Like blowing a candle with a smoke ring.Grin
It would take some pretty sophisticate gear in place to catch someone in the act of downing a drone with RF if one where to be discrete.
Many yrs ago (I heard :grinSmile of a young Ham that offered to help a CB nut down the street tune his illegal amplifier so as to not splatter all over the radio spectrum only to be snottily rebuffed. I further hear a USN surplus transmitter and beam ant was used to destroy said CB nuts receiver thereby solving the problem. I heard.