Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Drones and haters of
(12-05-2015, 12:51 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote: It would take some pretty sophisticate gear...

That's no unicorn.

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-05-2015, 02:45 PM)justMongo Wrote:
(12-05-2015, 12:51 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote: It would take some pretty sophisticate gear...

That's no unicorn.

Perhaps but there has to be an interest. Finding someone who knocked down a drone out perving is unlike to be a priority especially if no loud bangs associated with the intervention. A handheld yagi transmitting pulses at a drone with a is unlikely to be noticed used with a modicum of discretion.
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
I know they are very low powered, but would one of those laser pointer devices take out the camera on a drone?
Post Reply Post Reply

(12-10-2015, 11:49 AM)Phill Wrote: I know they are very low powered, but would one of those laser pointer devices take out the camera on a drone?

Only temporarily blind it. It's illegal to illuminate any aircraft with a laser -- likley applies to drones to.

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Just an update . The charges in ky on the man who shot down the drone were dismissed out of hand. All of them.
Post Reply Post Reply
FAR Part 91.119 - a minimum AGL of 500' and does not common law state 500' is your air rights area? Now if drones are not regulated or bound by 91.119 would not crossing property below 500' be trespassing? I'll need one of these.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvwkJmwZvDPk-KUKZk9Pc...YYazotV7-S]
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply