Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dry Camping with CPAP
Dry Camping with CPAP
My wife has a DreamMachine 1 as I understand it.  I'm hoping to understand the power consumption on 12v dc without using the heater for the humidifier.
The machine plate says 6.67 amps dc.. but, I'm "assuming" that includes the heater plate.

The question is... Does anyone know the current draw w/o the heater?  Phillips Customer Service had no idea and didn't know who to recommend me to .

Also tried the DME.. with no results.

I'm going in tomorrow for my overnight Titration test.. so will be looking for the "best"  machine for me.. Philips are not available.. So it looks like ResMed will be my choice..
Now, which model..  Cool

Thanks for any help or pointers...

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dry Camping with CPAP
Either the AS10 or AS11 AutoSet is the preferred machine, unless your sleep study showed a predominance of Central Apnea.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dry Camping with CPAP
Thanks, I'm so new to this I con't know what Central Apnea is.
I'll be going in for my Titration test tomorrow night.  All I know is they said Severe Apnea and low O2 at this point
Bill
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 704 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Camping with CPAP - any tips? SuperSleeper 43 7,831 10-16-2023, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Hintertux
  [Equipment] CPAP and Camping Dogberto 2 582 07-16-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Dogberto
  CPAP Substitute While Camping or Traveling Liegeinski 10 2,664 01-23-2023, 01:09 AM
Last Post: RainbowFish
  [Equipment] Cold-weather camping? tundranapper 4 887 05-26-2022, 07:23 AM
Last Post: RNeil
  Small camping CPAP + battery system recommendations Greg_R 0 1,023 10-18-2021, 04:27 PM
Last Post: Greg_R
Question [Equipment] Dry camping with cpap. beibitotward 4 1,378 06-28-2021, 09:52 AM
Last Post: grizwilson

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.