Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

newbie has question about APAP/ CPAP
RE: newbie has question about APAP/ CPAP
Hi Katrina. I used to have dreadful insomnia associated with fibromyalgia. Since being on the hose I've found I get to sleep far more quickly and easily. Hopefully this will be the same for you.

As for the hose issue when turning over, you might like to try a hose lift. There are various different types but basically it's just a gadget to hold the hose above your head so that you can move around without being tangled. Here's a recent thread, and there are many more in the forum http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-Hose-Holder
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: newbie has question about APAP/ CPAP
Hi Katrinae and welcome to ApneaBoard, the best forum out there for friendly and helpful advice from users like yourself!!

You mentioned that your AHI for the past 10 days has been around .9. That is a very good number! Hopefully you can sort out why the numbers went up to 3.6.

I used to be an insomniac thanks in great part to many years of shiftwork and a stressful job, and getting therapy has helped a lot with that. Hopefully therapy will help you with that too!

I myself am in Canada and about 2 months ahead of you in therapy. Yes, Canada has different rules. What province are you in? I think each province varies in rules about CPAP/Auto CPAP.

If you're in Ontario like myself, unless your sleep lab tests show particular results, you will not qualify for an Auto CPAP. Apparently the doctors must prescribe accordingly. And if an Auto CPAP is the machine you want, then the only way you will get one is to buy it yourself outright.

I am still on my loaner machine and do not qualify for Auto CPAP. I have on loan and also intend to buy a ResMed AirSense 10 Elite which is a fixed CPAP machine that is fully data capable.

My first mask was the ResMed Swift FX which was pretty good until I tried the P10's. Much more comfortable and easier to stay put on your head. That seems to be the current most popular mask for nasal pillows.

Best of luck with your therapy. Stick with it, your health depends on it!

APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 391 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 135 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 194 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 90 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 374 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 206 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 577 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.