Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dry Mouth
RE: Dry Mouth
(10-16-2015, 04:48 PM)rtstuf Wrote: Dry Mouth?

After years of using a Humidified Bi-pap I awake with a dry mouth! Suggestions?

rstuff,

As an FYI, I had a dry mouth prior to my septoplasty but my leaks were always fine. What you might want to do is check your data to see exactly what your leak levels are just to see what is going on. It could be they are fine like mine were and maybe an oral remedy would do the trick.

Or maybe you have a leak part of the time but it is not enough to compromise therapy and perhaps a mask adjustment would work. Or, you still may need a chin strap and or a full face mask but personally, I wouldn't want to start using either one (unless you wanted to) until taking this first step.

Since according to your equipment profile, you have a resmed s8 vpap bi level machine, you would need to download Rescan Software to access your data. See this link for more information:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only

Best of luck.

49er

PS - Forgot to ask you how you feel about the quality of your sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum rtstuf!! It's a great place to be to get answers on SA!!

I-love-Apnea-Board
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-23-2015, 05:27 AM)49er Wrote:
(10-16-2015, 04:48 PM)rtstuf Wrote: Dry Mouth?

After years of using a Humidified Bi-pap I awake with a dry mouth! Suggestions?

rstuff,

As an FYI, I had a dry mouth prior to my septoplasty but my leaks were always fine. What you might want to do is check your data to see exactly what your leak levels are just to see what is going on. It could be they are fine like mine were and maybe an oral remedy would do the trick.

Or maybe you have a leak part of the time but it is not enough to compromise therapy and perhaps a mask adjustment would work. Or, you still may need a chin strap and or a full face mask but personally, I wouldn't want to start using either one (unless you wanted to) until taking this first step.

Since according to your equipment profile, you have a resmed s8 vpap bi level machine, you would need to download Rescan Software to access your data. See this link for more information:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only

Best of luck.

49er

PS - Forgot to ask you how you feel about the quality of your sleep.

rtstuf,

I agree with what 49er said but you will need more than just ResScan 5.5 to read the data from your S8. The S8 used a proprietary data card and takes a proprietary reader. You might have gotten a ccard with your machine. If so maybe you still have it. My S8 Auto came with no card. The cards have been available on Amazon and the readers were available from Israel via Amazon (I think).

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-19-2015, 09:55 AM)coop2925 Wrote: I have the same issue...

I'm thinking that, perhaps, since the surgery and losing over 30 lbs so far, the pressure may be too high? I'm using an S9 on 12 right now, nasal pillow headgear...

It's quite possible that your pressure requirement is less after losing weight. If you have a data capable machine, and if you monitor your results using Sleepyhead or similar software, you could consider reducing the pressure in small increments.

Lower pressure may reduce the mouth leaking.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 31 6 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 372 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 315 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,077 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
  Choosing Apnea Mouth Guard newtothis1 9 805 03-08-2024, 09:52 PM
  Dry mouth even using mouth tape Wcsleep 8 1,165 03-08-2024, 09:37 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.