Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dry Mouth
Dry Mouth
What is the best way to stop dry mouth effect. I have my climate control set to off and humdity set three. Pressure is set at 15.    I found if I turn the humidity up I hate the way it feels makes me feel like I can't breath and I'm suffocating.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dry Mouth
Please fill out you profile than if you can download sleepyhead and post your info. Than it might be easier for us to help you
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-19-2017, 07:05 AM)Waldorbigbill Wrote: What is the best way to stop dry mouth effect. I have my climate control set to off and humdity set three. Pressure is set at 15.    I found if I turn the humidity up I hate the way it feels makes me feel like I can't breath and I'm suffocating.

I was thinking about asking the same question about use of humidity making the air seem to not have as much oxygen in it. Maybe the choice is somewhere between DRY MOUTH or SUFFOCATION  Thinking-about    I have the same feeling.
Post Reply Post Reply
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ht=biotene
Post Reply Post Reply
A sip of water usually takes care of it for me.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
xlyimelts

or keep your mouth shut
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-26-2017, 12:01 PM)Whacked Wrote: xlyimelts

or keep your mouth shut

Dielaughing 

I'm sure it was not meant to sound as I read it!   Laugh-a-lot
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Everyone that uses the climate control/heated hose tell me it is the best, I have never used one.
I used to get a dry mouth all the time, but now I have an APAP I don't, just because the low set pressure is a lot lower and it only raises the pressure when needed so I don't have to fight the pressure all the time.  Air used to escape from my mouth, not a lot, just a tiny amount, but it was enough to dry out my mouth, then it got worse once my mouth dried out and even if I consciously tried to hold the air back I couldn't.
A good strong chin strap was the answer, the ones I could buy were hopeless, but I got a headgear with something that had a hold for my chin and it went over my head and adjusted on top of my head.
With CPAP and high pressure it was a lot harder to control.
A good strong chin strap should help.  However, if you are on high pressure it will try to push its way out of your lips.
Other option is go Full-faced or Hybrid mask.

Some people tape their mouths shut, however, I wouldn't recommend that.
They put two strips together and cut a small slit in the tape just in case they need to breathe through their mouth.
But, NO, don't do that!
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I never liked Biotene, although it seems to work. I think it has a slimy feel to it.

I use Act Total Care Dry Mouthwash. I just gargle before bed and my mouth never dries out.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 31 5 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 371 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 315 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,077 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
  Choosing Apnea Mouth Guard newtothis1 9 803 03-08-2024, 09:52 PM
  Dry mouth even using mouth tape Wcsleep 8 1,165 03-08-2024, 09:37 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.