Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dry Mouth Question
RE: Dry Mouth Question
Well, I have been using a ResMed Chin Strap for almost a week and my numbers have been very good.  Slight dry mouth once or twice but it was minor compared to before the chin strap.  With all the straps on my head now I feel like one of those poor people at an asylum.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another thing to consider might be nasal polyps!  These things have plagued me for many years, requiring periodic "reamings" to remove them.  The reason I bring this up is that lately I've been waking up with cotton-mouth, which in the past has been caused by the polyps.  I have an appointment with my ENT doc at the end of this month to see what is happening.  oldman
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, about 10 days into the chin strap and things are getting worse.  My Res-med chin strap worked well for about 5 days and then it started stretching out and has gotten progressively looser each night.  Have it tightened as far as it will go and it is just barely hanging on when I wake it the morning and my dry mouth is re-emerging.  Can anybody recommend another chin strap with sum substance?  The Res-med one is poor at best.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is your chin strap a Resmed “style “ or an actual Resmed brand. My DME does not carry brand so I went to an online supplier and got the brand. I have been using The Resmed brand chin strap for over 6 months and have not adjusted it the first time.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the response.  My chin strap is a ResMed brand piece and unfortunately it has stretched for the last 4 days.  I adjust it before bed and I wake up about half way through the night and the strap is loose.  I purposely purchased the ResMed brand since I use their Mirage FX nasal pillow and headgear.
Post Reply Post Reply
Kind of a strange coincidence, but the last couple of nights, I've woken up at night with a very dry mouth. Even though I'm a mouth breather, I don't usually have any issues with a dry mouth.

I used plenty of water in my humidifier, so I know it's doing it's thing. I don't think it's the mask's fault. Anyways, it's something that I'll be aware of in the future.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 41 Yesterday, 06:41 AM
Last Post: LaraM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 388 03-27-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 320 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 243 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,082 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
  Choosing Apnea Mouth Guard newtothis1 9 812 03-08-2024, 09:52 PM
  Dry mouth even using mouth tape Wcsleep 8 1,171 03-08-2024, 09:37 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.