Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dry Mouth problems
Question 
Dry Mouth problems
Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum and I was wondering if someone could give me some advice?

I just purchased an S10 Resmed autoset with full face mask and climate control slimline hose, and humidifier.

My problem is that I've been suffering from a very dry mouth ever since I started use the machine two months ago.

Cheers,

Anthonyscic.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dry Mouth problems
What are your settings including the humidifier and climate control.
What have you tried.
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you a mouth breather? Even with a ffm breathing through your mouth will dry it out. I assume that you are using the humidifier, you can try turning the humidity up. Some people have used a product "Biotene" in gels and mouthwash that have helped them. Some people have trained there behavior to breathe through their nose. There are several methods, chin strap, tounge suck method (place your tounge behind your front teeth and against the roof of your mouth and suck slightly, you will have to practace a bit to get this to work). It is more benefical for your body to breathe through your nose as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I have downloaded sleepyhead, as far as settings go I tried many different to no avail.

Regards,

Anthonyscic
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Silversnore,

Thanks for your reply to my post, I will try what you told me
and see how I go.

I hope what you suggested will work.

Regards,

Anthonyscic.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck, search the forum for dry mouth, it is a very common problem. You may find the solution you need!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Anthonyscic,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with CPAP therapy and finding a solution for your dry mouth problem.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Try all of the above and Biotene mouth moisturizer before bed. I use it when I remember.

car54
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks a lot Mate.

Many thanks 

Regards,

Anthony.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks I will give it a go.

Many thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 16 1,870 1 hour ago
Last Post: motivationalGust
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 2 88 1 hour ago
Last Post: PappaJoe
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 4 186 03-16-2024, 07:30 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 8 130 03-14-2024, 01:15 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 980 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Choosing Apnea Mouth Guard newtothis1 9 723 03-08-2024, 09:52 PM
  Dry mouth even using mouth tape Wcsleep 8 1,096 03-08-2024, 09:37 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.