Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dry Nose Issues Wont Go Away - What to do?
Dry Nose Issues Wont Go Away - What to do?
I can't stand it anymore, thinking of quiting CPAP. I can't live a life where my nose is constantly dried out and raw. What is the solution to this? Its just inside my nose near the outer edges/bottom of it...not deep inside thank god.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dry Nose Issues Wont Go Away - What to do?
Since your problems deal with using nasal pillows, either use a lanolin ointment to treat the area or switch to a Full Face Mask. One brand of cream that I've seen mentioned here many times is Lansinoh.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you kindly for the recommendation. I will try this right away.

Do I apply it directly to the cushion or just inside the edges of my nose where the sores are?

I tried a full mask and it wouldn't seal :/
Post Reply Post Reply
Treat the sore area during the day. Not every mask manufacturer has the same sealing capability. Have you tried an F&P Viteria or Simplus? They have a reputation of sealing when other brands won't.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Vitera is the one I did try

It would make these farting noises as I tried to breath
Post Reply Post Reply
How long did you persevere with FF masks? Like everything CPAP related, it takes time and experimentation to master and find the mask that works foy you.
Post Reply Post Reply
tierdal  -  It sounds like you may have had the top straps too tight.  You should easily have the vertical plastic piece about a finger or a thumb's width away from your forehead.   The top straps are almost loose, and the bottom straps should control most of the tension.  Also, having the headgear too low on your head will cause the mask to loosen as you tilt your head forward. Likewise, tilting back will cause the straps to tighten. I also found that if you wait until you're at full pressure, slightly pulling the mask away from your face until it starts to leak, will allow the seal to fully expand.  You then release it to form the seal.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 10 205 47 minutes ago
Last Post: Luka07
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 54 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 87 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,811 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 110 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 196 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 151 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.