Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dry, dry nose
RE: Dry, dry nose
I use Secaris lubricating nasal gel. A little on the end of a Q-tip in each nostril works wonders. I am from Canada and it is readily available anywhere. I'm not sure if there is an equivalent product in the US. It was intended for patients undergoing oxygen therapy. As your pharmacist.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jgjones, thanks so much for the tip...I learned something and man is the auto program ever conservative!!!

I switched over to manual and got the proper 29C and 5.5 humidity I was hoping for to help with this bloomin' cold. What a difference! I went through 3/4 a tank of water (no rain out) and the nose was a lot happier in the morning.

Cheers!
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-20-2013, 07:44 PM)jgjones1972 Wrote: If you want to be able to set the humidity level on your own then you have to get into clinical settings menu and set Climate Control to "Manual" or "Patient" (if set to patient, then set to "Manual" out in main settings). When you do this you will then be able to set the hose temp and humidity level independently (water drop and thermometer both appear on home screen). When set to manual, there is no guarantee you won't get rain-out...and you will likely get rain-out if you set the humidity level high and hose temp low.
Sleep-well

Hi jgjones

I can see both the thermometer and the water drop on the home screen. I looked in the clinical settings and my climate control is set on auto. Am I missing something? can try based on what I already have as my settings.

Thanks for your help. Appreciate it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hybrid Masks more comfortable than over the nose FF mask? sleepingbetterinFl 6 141 2 hours ago
Last Post: cps22
  [Equipment] Any tips on how to get better airflow in under nose masks/hybrid full face masks? jake79 16 276 Yesterday, 10:58 AM
Last Post: jake79
  Dripping Nose Lesley19 3 121 04-10-2024, 01:50 AM
Last Post: Lesley19
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,936 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 304 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 7,315 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Can flow limitation stem from congested nose with nose mask? 40plus 11 728 01-29-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.