Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dry eyes and CPAP
RE: Dry eyes and CPAP
Admittance is the first step toward recovery.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-17-2017, 03:07 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Admittance is the first step toward recovery.
I'm on step 9. Gotta long way to go.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Mongo - I have the same issue.  See this thread and what has worked for me.  Systane nighttime gel.  It is the downside eye.  I think it's a pathway issue as well.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid209455
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
So yesterday my eye was pretty irritated. I applied some "Stye" (brand name) ointment once during the day, and again before bed.
Around 2:30 I woke up and my eye was starting to feel a bit irritated. Rolled over to the other side and went back to sleep.
Woke up at 4:30 to the alarm, and both eyes felt pretty good.
Started to get a little irritation in the same eye as yesterday on my way home from work, but not nearly as bad.

Will try the same thing tonight, but will spend a bit more time on my left side.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I know this is a topic slide but this thread has brought back childhood memories of a kid that would go under the water and blow bubbles out of his eyes when we went swimming. . . Oh well!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's a lacrimal duct defect of some sort - very interesting. Air regurgitation out of the eyes by way of the lacrimal duct.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been directed to a product called Retaine MGD by OccuSoft, by my ophthalmologist for dry eye during the day. It is over the counter and available at CVS drug stores, OccuSoft online and Amazon and probably others. It is sold without preservatives so it only comes in boxes of single dose droppers. It is supposed to rebuild and maintain the three layer tear protection for the eye. It is a once a day treatment for me and works great. It is not cheap.

As far as air regurgitation out of the lacrimal duct, I have felt it and had it confirmed by my ophthalmologist. Great article by the way, Dave. Thanks.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
The problem with eye drops is the preservatives PaytonA mentioned. Unfortunately, in order to get eye drops without the preservative, you have to get individual packets as they don't put it in the bottles. However, as long as you don't use eye drops more than 4x a day, you should be okay. The more I use them, the more I sigh and consider getting the individual packets.

Found a review I did of eye drops a while back.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid155797
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
About 25 years ago, I had "plugs" put in my lacrimal eye ducts due to excessive watering of the eyes.  I was young and didn't care what they did, I just wanted the watering and irritation to stop.  

The doctors also said the plugs don't last forever and disolve, but would reverse the situation.

Yep, they were right....within a few years, I developed a very dry eye syndrome.  This was all before using Cpap.  

Now, years later, the Cpap usage has really done a job on my eyes.  I suspect that air is coming through the lacrimal duct.  The only relief I've found is by using the Systane Eye products.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Much better today. Sending my wife to the store to pick up some Systane tomorrow.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eyes Duncansleeps 17 2,181 04-15-2024, 06:56 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Dreamstation 2 vs. Aircurve 10 (Dry, Puffy Eyes) MrIvanDrago 15 1,124 11-09-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Nose mask vs nasal cushions and leak dry eyes silverdr 6 963 09-22-2023, 06:51 PM
Last Post: KeepingItSimple
Question Pressure on eyes, what could be the reason? newbieusa 4 542 09-20-2023, 02:18 PM
Last Post: UnknownActor
  “Tired eyes” & your experiences spetzal 1 816 12-24-2022, 01:36 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Puffy dry eyes thepiecesfit 7 1,514 09-26-2022, 07:02 AM
Last Post: walt48
  Mask venting air flow over eyes all night long dawoodsman 11 8,051 01-05-2022, 12:20 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.