Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

i just had a massive battle in s9 autoset last night
i just had a massive battle in s9 autoset last night
Hi All,

My S9 Autoset, having used it for almost 8 years, is dying on me i think. It started with simple things on Friday night when it wanted to erase my data. As it was already 2.30am, I wasn't in the mood to go back up the data. So i allowed the device to erase 6 days of data. My sleep data has been quite predictable (AHI between 0 and 4) and steady since i started using the s9 autoset so i didn't really think too much of it. Friday's night sleep was as expected but Saturday's sleep was a disaster! Worst I've ever had since i started using the sleep device!

The device was working fine for an hour or so then the data all of a sudden began to spike! And the air pressure blowing into was very strong. I guess i must have resisted it for a good 3 hours before i realised what was going on! I then switched off the device, then switched it on again. And it was behaving properly - for another hour! Then the spike occurred again! I gave up and got up.

Has anyone ever had that type of experience before? Is it game over for my device? Or is the problem with me?

Regards

Kay Wai

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: i just had a massive battle in s9 autoset last night
It will help if you turn off the daily calendar by clicking the triangle in the date line. Use the View menu to reset the graphs to a Standard View. That will allow us to see the flow limits graph which is the only thing I can think of that might have caused the pressure spike. Finally, if you look through the settings menu, in the About menu you should see "run hours". That will tell you where you are at.

Your pressure settings are at the default 4-20 wide-open pressure range, and I am certain you would do much better with a more limited range of pressure. I recommend you reset the minimum pressure to 5.0 and the maximum pressure to 8.0. This will prevent any future run-away pressure and may help reduce the arousals. After you have gotten this done, I would like to have you try turning on EPR (exhale pressure relief) full time at a setting of 1. I think your machine will become more comfortable to use.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleeprider,

Thanks for your advice. I will try those settings tonight.

I've done all that you've requested, though i can't find this part: "Finally, if you look through the settings menu, in the About menu you should see "run hours". That will tell you where you are at." 

I've attached the screenshots below.

Regards

Kay Wai

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You have to go to the Clinicians menu on you pap machine. To get a users gourd go to the top of this site they are free.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
On your machine, you can access the Info menu and look at service information. The Run Hours is at the top of that menu.

Your new charts show that pressure is moving normally and responding most strongly to flow limitations. The strong increase in pressure at 06:00 on Friday shows that your flow limits briefly increases. It is safe to assume that by limiting the pressure range we can still control your events but suppress the amplitude of the pressure increases which disrupt your sleep.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your help Sleeprider! Your advice worked!

On the device, the run hours indicated is 3193. What does that actually mean? It's be running for 3193 hours? I've been using the same device for almost 8 years nightly. Surely it would equate to more hours than 3193. I have the device recalibrated annually at the distributor's service centre. Does that affect the run hours?

Regards

Kay Wai
Post Reply Post Reply
There are resettable patient hours, however the run hours are not reset and after 8 years I would expect over 20,000 hours. If that is the run hours, it should change each night and the only way I can imagine a 8 year old machine having 3193 hours is it was serviced in a way that reset the main board, replaced or rarely used.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I have no idea what they do at the distributor other than they run diagnostic tests when i send it to them annually and pay them $80 to do the tests.

I've had this device since oct 2013 and i think there have only been less than a handful of nights that i've not used it. Average sleep hours i reckon is somewhere between 6 and 7 hours nightly and AHI has not exceed 5 since i've been under therapy. Hence what happened 2 nights ago was unusual.

Appreciate your help in resolving this issue but i'll also be on the look out for good deals just in case, my s9 decides to die on me!

Thanks Sleeprider.

Regards

Kay Wai
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 104 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 174 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [CPAP] Massive leakage with new P30i unlockingsleep 2 255 02-25-2024, 03:14 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 849 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 895 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  autoset vs autoset for her on airsense 11? Uzupan 7 1,385 02-06-2023, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  DP 1st Night Results - Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset parkdj808 3 565 02-03-2023, 10:46 AM
Last Post: parkdj808

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.