Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dry mouth no leaks
Dry mouth no leaks
i have been on therapy for about 7 years with no real issues. However recently I have be drying out within a couple of hours.  
Let me explain
I used to use an F&P Icon and had no issues at all for several years. At some point something changed. I began to get a dry mouth and nose after a few hours.   It happened occasionally but became more regular.  Problem is I have no leaks and my mouth is not open. The humidifier is working and using water normally. 
I replaced the Icon with a Dreamstation which is a good machine bu the problem persists.  
The reservoir is full when I go to bed but within a couple of hours I am awake with a very dry nose, mouth and throat. The reservoir will have used water at a normal rate. 
All of my stats look perfect for AHI and leak rate etc.  
Still my mouth is also not open so I am not drying out due to that. 

Any thought on how I can make this stop as I get better sleep without the machine now since it wakes me up just as much.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dry mouth no leaks
Hi, bradley.gillies;
I am curious how you have determined that your mouth is not open during sleep. My experience with dry mouth includes periods when Large Leaks do not appear on my stats yet I have become aware of dryness. If you are mouth-breathing and your ventilation is recording acceptable levels, you might want to try a chin strap just to relieve the discomfort.

However, you might take my suggestion with a pound or so of salt: to me, my overall feeling of well-being is of more concern than an elevated AHI or some spikes on my leak or flow graphs–unless really bad, but when "the numbers" have been bad, it has (so far) been reflected in my feeling of well-being.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 11 1 hour ago
Last Post: LaraM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 359 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 280 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 311 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 134 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 159 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.