Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Due date for Aircurve 10 ASV replacement ?
Due date for Aircurve 10 ASV replacement ?
Hello learned friends, my pre owned Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV is coming up on 7000 hrs so have started looking for a replacement.

The 10 hasn’t yet returned to pre COVID pricing at our face secondhand online store but the title ‘Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV 3G’ got me thinking that there may be a 3G obsolescence issue with buying a new one as 3G networks disappear - I don’t have dr monitoring so makes no difference to me as long as machine continues to function but got me wondering when the 11 is due to come out ? Did some fooling to no avail so thought I’d ask here?

As a treatment update btw I’m coming up on two years fully treated and loving life and not even checking Oscar other than every few months - loving life I have to say ….. thanks again to Sleeprider and many others here, I’ve sent many this way from Facebook groups whenever the person shows some willingness to understand and take control of their health.

Rob
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Due date for Aircurve 10 ASV replacement ?
Welcome back! It is good to hear that you are doing so well.

Your Resmed's life expectancy is around 20,000 hours, so you have about another 13,000 hours to go. Based on your 2-year use, this should provide you with about another 4 years of service. By then, I hope Resmed will have their advance series ready to roll out. Since the new AS11 seems to be a modified AirMini design, I expect the advanced series will be a totally different unit.

Take care!
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Due date for Aircurve 10 ASV replacement ?
Love your success story, and this says it all, "I’m coming up on two years fully treated and loving life and not even checking Oscar other than every few months - loving life" That is fantastic! Your ASV has plenty of life left. I will never argue against a backup, just in case, and in my opinion the S10 generation is the best we may see in a long time. I agree with you, it's hard to see S11 as an improvement.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 104 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 984 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 149 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 17 687 04-14-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 or 11 replacement Shamus54 8 217 04-11-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  AirCurve 10 asv vs AirCurve 11 asv Sterling147 3 200 04-10-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Trigger Setting Switch - Aircurve 10 MrIvanDrago 4 149 04-09-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.