Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Products or solutions for cleaning the inside the machine
Products or solutions for cleaning the inside the machine
I have decided it is time to replace the motor of my AirSense S10, it is so loud I can hear the sound of the engine in every part of the house, and I will do it myself (I really hope I have the skills to do it right).

Since I am opening the machine, I may have to clean it inside (I also know there is a foam disc that may have some dust).
I was thinking of using Isopropyl alcohol or something like that, but I really do not know if using chemicals could do more damage than good.

What solution or product should I use to clean the motor housing and rubber parts inside?

Also, would you submerge the grey foam in some liquid, or just blow compressed air o it to prevent it from crumbling?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Products or solutions for cleaning the inside the machine
When I replaced my motor, I took the cleanable pieces and wipe them down with rubbing alcohol and a micro fiber rag. The rubber boot that the motor goes in , I dunked it in a little bowl of warm water, dried it and wiped it down with my alcohol rag. That little foam piece, I just massage it under running water and air dried. After it was put back together , I lubed up the seals with food grade silicone lube. Nothing was dirty inside except the blades on the motor fan where the air passes through the motor from your room. It makes you realize how important it is to change the filter on a regular basis.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Products or solutions for cleaning the inside the machine
I have just bought a second hand Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset and cleaned it completely.

The foam pieces and all the hard plastic pieces were cleaned using lots of warm water and dish washing fluid. Then thoroughly rinsed and left to dry.
The motor, after taking it out of the blue silicone sleeve, was filled with alcohol, shaking (not stirred), and blow dried with compressed air. I had to do that three times to get all the dust out of the motor.

All together about an hours worth of work, spread out over an afternoon.

Everything works again, and the machine smells clean.

Good luck with the cleaning, it is worth it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,361 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Cleaning F20/F30 QuietAir Elbow 70sSanO 13 5,780 04-12-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Magoo905
  Cleaning the Airsense machine itself (not the mask, tube, chamber)? dharma2255 3 158 04-10-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
Angry AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions? Lilaq88 2 673 03-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Valtor
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,554 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 232 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
Money cleaning thread? TinyBubbles 19 7,903 02-27-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Frankiboy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.