Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Advice on improving AHI
Advice on improving AHI
Hi All,

New member. I'm a 52 year old Male. I had heart surgery a few years ago which destoyed my back and I've been on opiods ever since. My wife has kicked me out of the bedroom due to my snoring. I'm always tired and have to nap after work. I started using a Philips Respironics System One RemStar Auto. I've been on and off using it for a while due to the disomfort of the mask. I tried different masks and have decided to make a concerted effort using the Resmed Airfit N20.

So I've been using it for a few weeks non stop now and I think I'm starting to get used to it. My snoring has stopped which is great (but I think my wife is too used to sleeping on her own for me to attempt moving back into our bedroom). Terrible dreams I think due to waking up whlilst in REM but am finally getting through the night. My issue is that my AHI seems rather high (between 9 and 20). I started at Apap min 8, max 13 and had a terrible nights sleep with a AHI of 31.19. 

After analysing my data using Oscar, and waking one night finding it difficult to exhale I changed to Min. 6.5 max 10.5. The best I've been able to get my AHI is 9.65. (ah1.jpg)I've noticed that one of my issues is periodic breathing with the flow rate graph showing what I think is Cheyne Stokes due to my opiod use (ah 1 mag.jpg). Is this something I can address? Is this why my AHI is high? Is it something I need to worry about? I've also added a zoom of a time I was getting "clear airways"and "Obstruction" ah 2.jpg. Can anyone recommend ways I can improve my AHI? I would truly appreciate any advise anyone can offer. Thank you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 173 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,538 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
  New user looking for Advice NeedSleepnea 15 328 04-01-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: NeedSleepnea
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 18 464 03-31-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 289 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 1,027 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 188 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.